• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Yeah okay first thing there was a hemisphere picture and it said that the vol of the hemisphere is about 243(Pi) and it said that the Surface area is K and it gave the sphere surface area to be 4(ppi)r^2 and the vol to be 4/3(pi)r^3 so I didnt divide the surface area by two cause I thought the surface area of the hemisphere is 3(pi)r^2 and not 2(pi)r^2 so i dont know which one is right to use
Can you answer that question with all the steps. Including how you found the radius.

Reaction score
ho
how did u do it ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
The real method is by using log but thats not in the syllabus so just substitute x by 1.7 n u get the answer as 3.2 which is right. There is some long logic behind y we do that but its not required coz the same method is followed always.

Reaction score
y
The real method is by using log but thats not in the syllabus so just substitute x by 1.7 n u get the answer as 3.2 which is right. There is some long logic behind y we do that but its not required coz the same method is followed always.
eah dad said tat log vala thingi ...........:)... ty anyways n gooodluck

Reaction score
You're right. Using log will be much easier to find power, although it is not in IGCSE syllabus.
Actually your question seems to be easy.

Reaction score
Hey guys I gave my paper 4 exam variant 42 a few days ago. I have made a huge mistake in my paper. instead of multiplying the probabilities i have added them. so can i get E.C.F (error carried forward) in the question. The whole question was of 15 marks. I am extremely sad. I got a bit confused between the mutually exclusive and independent events.

Reaction score
Hey guys I gave my paper 4 exam variant 42 a few days ago. I have made a huge mistake in my paper. instead of multiplying the probabilities i have added them. so can i get E.C.F (error carried forward) in the question. The whole question was of 15 marks. I am extremely sad. I got a bit confused between the mutually exclusive and independent events.

I guesss yes ECF is possible... but it depends on the question itself too.

Reaction score

I dont think you will get EFC in this question because I myself gave the exam and I dont think the question allows this.