• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
You will get EFC if you must use the answer of a particular part to answer the next parts...

Reaction score
Hey guys I gave my paper 4 exam variant 42 a few days ago. I have made a huge mistake in my paper. instead of multiplying the probabilities i have added them. so can i get E.C.F (error carried forward) in the question. The whole question was of 15 marks. I am extremely sad. I got a bit confused between the mutually exclusive and independent events.

I don't think they will give you a mark on ECF for such a mistake. This will be considered a lack of preparation, or lack of understanding for your question.
Don't worry, though. It will be fine, IsA.

Reaction score
papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/.../0580_s10_qp_21.pdf

can I get help on number 17 PLEASSEEE???? I don't know how to get b) or c) ?

Reaction score

ANYBODY???? im new to this and I REALLY need help!!

Reaction score

ANYBODY???? im new to this and I REALLY need help!!

ii)
triangle BOC is an isoceles cuz OC and OB are the radii of the circle and thus OC = OD... thus angle OCB = OBC
line EC is perpendicular to OD, and EC is parallel to AB, by applying the alternate angle property we get angle DOB = 90
so 90 = DOB = DOC + COB
90 = 38 + BOC
BOC = 90 - 38
BOC = 52

BOC + CBO + BCO = 180
as BCO = CBO

52 + CBO + CBO = 180
2.CBO = 180 - 52
CBO = 128/2
CBO = 64

iii)
COD and CED are extended from the same segment.
so COD = 2.CED = 38
CED = 38/2 =19

EDO + CED + 90 = 180
you can simplify and get the answer.
EDO = 71

Reaction score
Hey ummm I take extended Mathematics and if you can give me the pastpaper question for each chapter accordingly For example : Chp 1 ( June 2007 pp2 q6) like that but for all the chapters I would appreciate it:love: