• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Guys can anyone please give me the mark scheme of novemeber 2000 math 0580 paper 2 :) I really can't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance :D

Reaction score
Anyone cam pleaseeee give me paper 41 from November 2012 0580, I can't find it anywhere. And the mark scheme also :D

Reaction score
Hi Every!
Can anyone provide me with Mathematics formulae sheet for whole syllabus!
Thanks in Advance!

Reaction score
Talking about calculators, are students allowed to use a calculator in the exam for matrix operations?
U can use calculator means for anything.....
Just anyone tell me how to perform matrix operations in calculator

Reaction score
Can we find the height of a triangle without the area given...? (For Instance, Refer to 0580/04a/SP/11)

Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb...

Stuck somewhere in Maths?? Post your queries here! Members around will help you InshaAllah.

NOTE: If you have any doubt in the pastpper questions, then kindly post the link to the paper!

May Allah give us all success in this world as well as the HereAfter...Aameen!!

SEQUENCES-Points to remember:
Many people find it hard, but to be honest it's just more of logic..that's all!

Sequences!

Using log for indices.
Re: IGCSE Maths Tips nov.2010!Confused!have questions?Post h

yup there is!! now see:
(x + 2)(x + 2) can be written as (x + 2)²

and this is now in the form (a + b)² ....isnt it....Remember this --> (a + b)²= a² + 2ab + b²

so in our equation we have x as a and 2 as b so this is the solution --> x² + 2 (x)(2) + 2² = x² + 4x +4

got it??
sallam , man can you help me in this question please math(0580)
w08 qp4 question 6a the part about the median thanks :)

Reaction score
Can we find the height of a triangle without the area given...? (For Instance, Refer to 0580/04a/SP/11)
IN THE QUESTION U ASKING ABOUT WHERE THEY ASK ABT LENGTH OF AB WE USE SINE RULE AS FOLLOWS:
(SIN55)/40.3=(SIN92)/AB
THEREFORE AB=(SIN92)*40.3/SIN55
AB=49.2cm
HOPE THAT HELPED

Reaction score
IN THE QUESTION U ASKING ABOUT WHERE THEY ASK ABT LENGTH OF AB WE USE SINE RULE AS FOLLOWS:
(SIN55)/40.3=(SIN92)/AB
THEREFORE AB=(SIN92)*40.3/SIN55
AB=49.2cm
HOPE THAT HELPED
man that was good but please can you help me in this question in winter 2008 paper 4 question 6 a the part about the median . thanks :)

Reaction score
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,

Can someone help me with mathematics 0580 topic-wise questions please?

Reaction score
man that was good but please can you help me in this question in winter 2008 paper 4 question 6 a the part about the median . thanks :)
in that question they want you to find the possible values of the median.
now as the number of sweets given is 31,32,33 under 33 they have displayed the variable x so we wont consider it in this part.
whats left are sweets 31 and 32. therfore the median could either be 31 or 32 or the half of thier sums 31.5

hope it helped