• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can someone help me out in this question: this is 2015 specimen paper!! Question8!! i have my exam in 2 hours!! kindly help!!

The two lines P and Q are perpendicular.
The equation of line P is y = 2x.
Line Q passes through the point (0, 10).
Work out the equation of line Q.
If two lines are perpendicular then the product of their gradient is equal to -1
So over here thd gradient of one line is 2 so to find gradient of other line we'll do " 2 × m = -1 "

Reaction score
Den u can go on to solve .....
m = -1/2
c= 10 ( cuz its passing thru (0,10) )
Therefore y=-1/2x + 10

Reaction score
Thank you so much!! you helped me at the right time!! and make dua for me!! I am going for my exam now!!

Reaction score
maan it was damn tough!! the rectangular tank!! OMG!! just hate that question!! and the values of M and N!! urghhhhh

the tank i got something like 78? and for m it was 2 and n it was -10. I'm sure of the answer but not of the method.
Will they penalise if i don't use the correct method even if the method is sensible?

Reaction score
and hw to do the second part of the m, n questionin which they asked the positive value of x using answer (a)
i didn't understood so applied quadratic formula in the end