• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can someone help me out in this question?? 0580/23/m/j/14, Question 21!!

The diagram shows two concentric circles and three radii.
The diagram has rotational symmetry of order 3.
A club uses the diagram for its badge with some sections shaded.
The radius of the large circle is 6cm and the radius of the small circle is 4cm.
Calculate the total perimeter of the shaded area.

Reaction score

The radius of the large circle is 6cm and the radius of the small circle is 4cm.
Can u please tell me what year this is from?

Reaction score

i hope this helps

Attachments

• lp.jpg
    lp.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 112
Reaction score
how did you get 240?? i understood 360/3=120....after that?? And also explain the 4th and 5th step!! i understood everything else!! :)

Reaction score
how did you get 240?? i understood 360/3=120....after that?? And also explain the 4th and 5th step!! i understood everything else!! :)
okay listen up it has a rotational symmetry of order 3 this basically means the three sectors are equal 360/3 = 120 each , then if you look at the second drawing the one with the shading you will see that two sectors are merged to form a bigger one so 120+120 , got it ?

Reaction score
are yaar which two sectors?? i am sorry for being an annoyance!! but i need to get it cleared!! tomorrow exam!! :'(
Kindly explain without getting angry!! :'(

Reaction score
are yaar which two sectors?? i am sorry for being an annoyance!! but i need to get it cleared!! tomorrow exam!! :'(
its alright look at the drawing clearly , in the first one which isnt shaded there are three , and the second one two sectors are merged so they form a bigger one and the other one is left unchanged . if you dont get this try it this way , imagine the line was there between the two sectors and u now u will need to get the sector's length for both right ? so 120/360 * pi * 2 * 6 for one and then the same thing for another .

Reaction score
heyy explain 4th and 5th step yaar!!
okay awesome lets talk about steps 4 and 5 , step 4 , whenever they ask about the circumference remember u need to get all the lengths included . so for step 4 u will need to get the bigger radi - the smaller one to get this (attached ) then u multiply it by 2 to get both sides , for step 5 u have the smaller radii equals to 4 , two radii ( Diameter ) = 8
another way way would be by making it one step and getting the radii of the whole circle 6 * 2

Attachments

• jh.jpg
    jh.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 34
Reaction score
oooh My god!! thank you my friend!! Yo are amazing!! :* Seriously!! I understood!! Thank you soo much!! Thank you sooo much!!

Reaction score
can someone help me out in this question: this is 2015 specimen paper!! Question8!! i have my exam in 2 hours!! kindly help!!

The two lines P and Q are perpendicular.
The equation of line P is y = 2x.
Line Q passes through the point (0, 10).
Work out the equation of line Q.