• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

LUMS fall 2014 decisions!

Reaction score
Hi
on sunday i got a call from an unknown number and i didnt pick it. Today i realized that number was of lahore and probably was from lums. Do you guys think that lums will call us on sundays ? And as i didnt receive the call is dat gna affect my admission decision? helppppp:mad:
call back at that number....I think on Sunday Lums is off

Reaction score
I'm afraid not. You have to study Chem/Bio to be eligible for SSE. I'm studying Chem too along with your subjects. Chem is really hard, we got the worst teacher and I hate Chem so badly now . It'd be a miracle if I get an A in Chem. Yeah, FAST, GIKI etc dont ask for Chem. It's just LUMS! -___-
I'll be appearing this June 2014 and my preparation is quite good except that of Chem.
I think you stated it oposite no Pakistani university would allow you in untill you get an equillance of 65% in engineering which means they will see only phy chem maths. Only NUST and NED entrance test has chemitry section though. LUMS allows ou in with phy maths computing . dont confuse people :p

I'm in my A levels I am opting for 3 subjects Maths, Physics and AICT. They are exactly the subjects which I'd need in my further studies in BCS(Computer Science). But in the SSE test I would be bound to attempt either Chemistry or Biology section along with other ones. Right? I ain't studying either of Chem or Bio. What should I do now? I hate Chem like anything! Is there any exemption for the applicants of BCS? It totally seems illogical for BCS applicants to study Chem or Bio because they ain't gonna need any of it further. Other universities like GIKI, NUST and FAST don't bound students to take Chem or Bio. Now, is there any chance for me to give SSE test with my current subjects?!
read above and GIKI NUST FAST wants you to take chem in your A levels. take chem or get into LUMS if you dont get into LUMS you can forget engineering untill you take chemistry

Reaction score
Hey guys any idea when they'll be visiting the houses for confirmation? They are just killing us with all that wait and shizz. I received a call again and they were inquiring my parents about the financial stuff and all but I'm still waiting for the results to come out. I don't understand what's taking them so long :(:mad:

Reaction score
Are they still accepting people who haven't applied for financial aid? Decisions aren't over for self-funded students, are they?

Reaction score
Are they still accepting people who haven't applied for financial aid? Decisions aren't over for self-funded students, are they?
I would assume so. There's probably going to be a 'Round 2' or whatever for non FA students.
I'm waiting on that myself.

Reaction score
Okay this is utterly confusing. Last year, a huge number of students received acceptances on 12th April ( Self Finance ). F.A students were offered admissions exactly a week and a half later.. Second round of Self finance offers were given on 9th/10th May. Almost everyone with 6+ A's in O'levels was accepted. I know this because the Lcat last year was way more tough than this year, and it went poor for everyone. Now I'm not saying if you had 7A's you're definitely in, but it was a standard. This year offers were made on 12th April as well. Quite a few people got in- but not even close to the number that was last year. A lot of my friends have 8A's and above ; no one has been offered yet. Since Lums is not planning to lower the number of new students by any means, it is baffling to see F.A students not made offers yet. And the low number of students in the first round of self. I wish Lums had a more lucid admission policy like Nust. Atleast we could get to see our merit numbers. Lets just hope for the best now. Lums isn't the end of the world.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Okay this is utterly confusing. Last year, a huge number of students received acceptances on 12th May ( Self Finance ). F.A students were offered admissions exactly a week and a half later.. Second round of Self finance offers were given on 9th/10th May. Almost everyone with 6+ A's in O'levels was accepted. I know this because the Lcat last year was way more tough than this year, and it went poor for everyone. Now I'm not saying if you had 7A's you're definitely in, but it was a standard. This year offers were made on 12th May. Quite a few people got in- but not even close to the number that was last year. A lot of my friends have 8A's and above ; no one has been offered yet. Since Lums is not planning to lower the number of new students by any means, it is baffling to see F.A students not made offers yet. And the low number of students in the first round of self. I wish Lums had a more lucid admission policy like Nust. Atleast we could get to see our merit numbers. Lets just hope for the best now. Lums isn't the end of the world.
I think you mean April.
Anyway, it is quite odd. I don't know what these people are thinking.

Reaction score
Okay this is utterly confusing. Last year, a huge number of students received acceptances on 12th May ( Self Finance ). F.A students were offered admissions exactly a week and a half later.. Second round of Self finance offers were given on 9th/10th May. Almost everyone with 6+ A's in O'levels was accepted. I know this because the Lcat last year was way more tough than this year, and it went poor for everyone. Now I'm not saying if you had 7A's you're definitely in, but it was a standard. This year offers were made on 12th May. Quite a few people got in- but not even close to the number that was last year. A lot of my friends have 8A's and above ; no one has been offered yet. Since Lums is not planning to lower the number of new students by any means, it is baffling to see F.A students not made offers yet. And the low number of students in the first round of self. I wish Lums had a more lucid admission policy like Nust. Atleast we could get to see our merit numbers. Lets just hope for the best now. Lums isn't the end of the world.
I so really agree with you. I'm also a FA student and whenever I email LUMS, they just send me the statement about the decisions that's written in green in everyone's portal. While frustrated, I called LUMS admissions office today.
I asked the guy at admissions office that when would FA students get their decisions. He said please contact the FA dept and gave me it's extension. I asked the same from the FA lady and she was like: "Sorry these dispatching of 1st round etc isnt of our concern, so contact the admissions office". I just struck my receiver to the phone hardly. They think we're fools maybe and LUMS is the only place in the world that we've applied to!

Reaction score
A friend of mine has been accepted in Toronto. Tomorrow is the deadline of his fee submission. He didn't apply for aid yet he's waiting for his decision. Now imagine he lets down a wonderful offer from Toronto to go for LUMS just because he doesn't want to leave his family although he can afford Toronto, and in the end gets a rejection. A year of hardwork gone in a blink of an eye. Lums just needs to forget that they are Harvard of Pakistan, for a while.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I so really agree with you. I'm also a FA student and whenever I email LUMS, they just send me the statement about the decisions that's written in green in everyone's portal. While frustrated, I called LUMS admissions office today.
I asked the guy at admissions office that when would FA students get their decisions. He said please contact the FA dept and gave me it's extension. I asked the same from the FA lady and she was like: "Sorry these dispatching of 1st round etc isnt of our concern, so contact the admissions office". I just struck my receiver to the phone hardly. They think we're fools maybe and LUMS is the only place in the world that we've applied to!
Emails are of no use. Those are all the same automatic replies. So we have no date for admission offers, we have no idea of our test scores, our merit numbers, the number of students being accepted. Everyone has exams next month, and atleast they could have the courtesy to give a proper date, so that we wouldnt be checking out accounts daily. But lets just pray we get in InshAllah. This admission policy will only start to seem fair then.

Reaction score
Emails are of no use. Those are all the same automatic replies. So we have no date for admission offers, we have no idea of our test scores, our merit numbers, the number of students being accepted. Everyone has exams next month, and atleast they could have the courtesy to give a proper date, so that we wouldnt be checking out accounts daily. But lets just pray we get in InshAllah. This admission policy will only start to seem fair then.
agree with u......they should send us our decisions before June so that we can apply for other universities

Reaction score
It's much like the system of our Private Medical Colleges, really. I've gone through it. Perhaps being a private institute is the reason of their ignorance towards us.

Reaction score
Bro, didn't you get in last year?

Reaction score
A friend of mine has been accepted in Toronto. Tomorrow is the deadline of his fee submission. He didn't apply for aid yet he's waiting for his decision. Now imagine he lets down a wonderful offer from Toronto to go for LUMS just because he doesn't want to leave his family although he can afford Toronto, and in the end gets a rejection. A year of hardwork gone in a blink of an eye. Lums just needs to forget that they are Harvard of Pakistan, for a while.
Awab, you should focus on your Alevels right now, crying won't help. They're going to dispatch the results when they want to.
I suggest you remain calm, pray and hope for the best. :)