• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

linesss.....!!!

Reaction score
lol..i think i saw somewhere in the mark scheme as `ignore excess` i think it was about exceeding lines..damn..PLS GOD it isnt true

Reaction score
Look the papers are now checked online. If you exceed the lines by alot then that part of your answer that is not on the lines does not show up on the screen. My teacher confirmed that during a CIE workshop. Furthermore the lines given are adequate for answering the question. If you think that your answer is not fitting then most probably you are writing irrelevent stuff. For example, what does a catalyst do. this is a one mark question with inly one line given for the answer. The examiner wants a specific answer which is the catalyst lowers the activation energy. That is all the examiner wants but if you right other stuff such as the catalyst remains unchanged at the end of the reaction etc then that is irrelevent and will obviously not fit in the given line.

Reaction score
well then you have to be carefully. However if there is space in some other question then you could right a note to the examiner abt where you have answered that question. For example in Accounts we have a lot of space for the last question so we cud answer any question there and then write a note to the examiner. However in physics and chemistry you have no option. You have to think before you write. Dont just rush into answering a question. plan it first and then answer

Reaction score
thats the problem.......... imagine we have done whole paper and then while checking we realise that our whole question of 4 marks is wrong............then what will we do.............just sit and wait .....obviously we have to cut and write some where beneath it in space..........and i dont know why the answers beneath the lines doesnt show up clearly

Reaction score
it's not a problem! my brother cut an entire chem ans in atp n rewrote it OUTSIDE the lines provided.. n guess wat he got a distinction in tht very sub ;) hence i dnt think it'll b a big deal.having said tht we SHULD TRY to avoid it buh wats neccessary is neccessary.