• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I'm an IGCSE Maths Teacher - Post your questions here.

Reaction score
a)

First notice that the base is square so AC = DB.

Look at right-angled triangle ABC and use Pythagoras to find AC. And this is equal to DB.

Next MB = 1/2 DB.

Now look at the right-angled triangle MPB. You can use Pythagoras to find PB.

b)

Can you do this part now? You need to use trigonometry (sohcahtoa) methods to find the angle PBM.
Alright! Got it :)

Reaction score
Row 1 into column 1: 7*x = 7x = 28
Row 1 into column 2: 7*y = 7y = 42.

Does this make sense? I can't explain how to multiply matrices on a forum so if you're still stuck, can you explain why fully?
well kinda , i mean how can i get the values?? and multiply them i solved the first part as 7*x=7x and the other 3*y=3y and i added them and then i wanna find the value for both but i dont know how ;/ is the way i did wrong??

Reaction score
well kinda , i mean how can i get the values?? and multiply them i solved the first part as 7*x=7x and the other 3*y=3y and i added them and then i wanna find the value for both but i dont know how ;/ is the way i did wrong??
It's hard to understand what you've done and it's also hard to explain matrix multiplication on here, as I said before.

Can you show me how you would multiply the row matrix (7, 3) and the column matrix (1, 2)?

This is just an example so I can check that you know how to multiply matrices like these.

Reaction score
It's hard to understand what you've done and it's also hard to explain matrix multiplication on here, as I said before.

Can you show me how you would multiply the row matrix (7, 3) and the column matrix (1, 2)?

This is just an example so I can check that you know how to multiply matrices like these.
yea i know how to do that its like 7*1 + 7*2 ,,

Reaction score
My internet is not working very well so I probably won't be able to answer anymore questions today.

Reaction score
I won't be able to answer any questions today. But I will answer every question tomorrow.