• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE biology paper 2B, discussion

Reaction score
Thanx for takin the initative in showing where da specification is.....
i think they will overlook it===because on the mark scheme they give specific words and phrases to be included in the answers
I am afraid not...dey were pretty strict wen it was mentioned in the specification and u did bullet them no write em in free prose... if ur lucky enough i hope you can get away with it....

Reaction score
Thanx for takin the initative in showing where da specification is.....

I am afraid not...dey were pretty strict wen it was mentioned in the specification and u did bullet them no write em in free prose... if ur lucky enough i hope you can get away with it....

hope so----that is what i did in paper 1--i just hate writing in paragraphs since it's not English exms

Reaction score
Well yeah u tend nto do things lyk dat... im surprised u didnt read da specification... actually ur school is supposed to tell stuff lyk dat to u...
I've never read it, school has never told us. I just took it as a given that we need to write in full sentences on these questions

Reaction score
I've never read it, school has never told us. I just took it as a given that we need to write in full sentences on these questions

same here--all my exams and test in school i just write bullet points exception of ENGLISH

Reaction score
Well i guess dats kinda bad.... but its understood lyk u said dat we hav to write free prose without bullet points so i guess yeah...
same here--all my exams and test in school i just write bullet points exception of ENGLISH
And did u write all ur free prose answers lyk dis?

Reaction score
I PRAY SO--omg so this is how i will slowly watch A* pass me by
I doubt they will penalise you too much.
Mark scheme 2011:
"Candidates must be rewarded for what they have shown they can do rather than penalised for omissions."
Your omission is prose and the mark scheme gives short phrases as answers, not full sentences. I don't think you can have any marks deducted unless what you have said is wrong

Reaction score
Hey calm down, I answered all my questions in bullet points last year and I got a VERY high A, and I didn't score A* because I answered some questions wrong not because I answered in note form! Nevermind all of these, in the IGCSE level you don't get penalized by writing in a note form, you will get penalized in the AS/ALEVEL because they have 10% assessment of writing and quality, so don't worry you are not in A levels yet! It's okay, and calm down :)

Reaction score
Hey calm down, I answered all my questions in bullet points last year and I got a VERY high A, and I didn't score A* because I answered some questions wrong not because I answered in note form! Nevermind all of these, in the IGCSE level you don't get penalized by writing in a note form, you will get penalized in the AS/ALEVEL because they have 10% assessment of writing and quality, so don't worry you are not in A levels yet! It's okay, and calm down :)

thanks you just relieved me from my sadness ---thanks a bunch :)