• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE biology paper 2B, discussion

Reaction score
Here is the discussion thread for that exam..
It was fairly easy but that unseen reading question ( I mean question 1 ) always makes me uncertain about what I wrote, is it right or wrong!
And the legumes question was unexpected at all!

However, any questions or arguments could be posted here :)

Thank you

Reaction score
Here is the discussion thread for that exam..
It was fairly easy but that unseen reading question ( I mean question 1 ) always makes me uncertain about what I wrote, is it right or wrong!
And the legumes question was unexpected at all!

However, any questions or arguments could be posted here :)

Thank you

Da 1st question was pretty straight forward and quite easy this tym..... U jsut had to know ur balanced diet section of the book...and da for the first question the answer was directly given in the paragraph itself......

Reaction score
hahaha its going the other way now, P1s are coming far more complicated as compared to P2s oh btw bio P2 was easy :)

Reaction score
4 marks for the legume question... what did everyone put? I couldn't think of very many things apart from putting mineral ions like nitrates into the soil

Reaction score
4 marks for the legume question... what did everyone put? I couldn't think of very many things apart from putting mineral ions like nitrates into the soil
Its basically the legume plants hav root nodules containing nitrogen fixing bacteria which converts the nitrogen gas in the soil to ammonia which is taken by the plant as nitrate ions to make protein containing compounds..once the legume plant die da ammonia returns back in to the soil which cn be used by the cerel crop plants takin it up as nitrate ions.

Reaction score
Its basically the legume plants hav root nodules containing nitrogen fixing bacteria which converts the nitrogen gas in the soil to ammonia which is taken by the plant as nitrate ions to make protein containing compounds..once the legume plant die da ammonia returns back in to the soil which cn be used by the cerel crop plants takin it up as nitrate ions.
Think I put that...

Reaction score
i think they will overlook it===because on the mark scheme they give specific words and phrases to be included in the answers