• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I NEED HELP WITH PHYSICS

Reaction score
HEYLO!

Im doing IGCSE Physics next months and I have a problem.
I do understand the concept, I know the formulas, but my problem is with the Unexpected Questions that CIE come up with..

Im not a person who depends on PastPapers as I believe that the exam paper is going to be entirely new, but for Physics I DID solve many P3s for Mocks practice.. and the thing is that, the Mark Scheme has a Limited amount of answers that are considered to be correct..

Why studying physics seems so easy, but the exam is always Hard?!

SO PLEASE TELL ME :HOW DO I GET MY ANSWERS TO BE RIGHT AND NOT AMONG THOSE IGNORED.. (Honestly speaking, this is what I hate about IGCSE, theyre like 'Dont think out of the box')

Reaction score
Firstly change the question to your way dont follow the question just understand what they are saying and then do it by your way secondly i prefer u read textbook twice or thrice for sure you are in A zone to go to A* zone just do as many as past papers u can i did from like 2003 onwards in my mocks though they were a lot hard i got A* the main thing is practice and while u r s olving past paper keep marking scheme closed or u can see frm there first solve by urself than check the anwers i have attached some notes too hope they help remeber they are not mines most of the notes r from
shoaib672002

Thanks, really, I thought no one would bother to reply :)
Ill do that.

Reaction score
Firstly change the question to your way dont follow the question just understand what they are saying and then do it by your way secondly i prefer u read textbook twice or thrice for sure you are in A zone to go to A* zone just do as many as past papers u can i did from like 2003 onwards in my mocks though they were a lot hard i got A* the main thing is practice and while u r s olving past paper keep marking scheme closed or u can see frm there first solve by urself than check the anwers i have attached some notes too hope they help remeber they are not mines most of the notes r from
shoaib672002
Thanks for sharing and Giving Credits #thanks

Reaction score
yeah same problem over here.
apparently papers are getting more difficult/tricky now so i guess the only thing we can really do to prepare for the exam is just keep practicing past papers and redo the ones that you got wrong

Reaction score
same problem :'( and i dont wanna fail aswell :'( wat to do
practice past papers...idk if u've noticed this or not, but some questions are repeatedly seen in 2-3 papers. also, there are standard questions which they ask in all papers. for eg calculating energy change. so its good if u practice as many questions as possible! hope this helped :);)

Reaction score
Useful stuff combined FOR MATHS AND MORE
MY THREAD OFFERS THE FOLLOWING NOTES:
All Available here>>>CLICK ME<<<
IGCSE CDs
Biology
Physics
Chemistry
I.C.T
Maths

Physics
Classified papers
Physics E-book

Chemistry
Chemistry IGCSE workbook (online)
IGCSE Study guide

Acids bases and salts
Air and Water
Chemical changes
Chemical reactions
Electricity and chemistry
Organic chemistry
Redox
Reversible reactions

I.C.T
I.C.T E-book
Access
Excel
Powerpoint
Word

Frontpage
I.C.T combined notes
All theory notes summarized into flashcards
Frequently asked questions with the model answer
Notes for Paper 2 and Paper 3 exam

Chapter Wise Notes [I.C.T]
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Maths
Maths E-book (textbook)
Maths E-Book (2)

Maths IGCSE notes
Maths Formula Book
Maths Flash Cards

English as Second Language
English E- book
English E- book
(GCSE)
English notes

Combined Notes
Chemistry Part 1
Chemistry Part 2
Biology

All Available here>>>CLICK ME<<<
[/quote]

Reaction score
CIE is actually one of the boards that promotes thinking out of the box, you just have to do it in the right way.
Trust me, I've studied in various boards, so I know :)

Hmm okay so maybe maybe CIE does promote thinking out of the box, but then Ill blame schools, Im not blaming them because its easy. But theyre the ones who teach us one way of solving problems, they dont extend and teach us more. God! and we actually pay for education :/
I trust my brain .. And I think I might come up with one great school system if Im allowed :p

Reaction score
Hmm okay so maybe maybe CIE does promote thinking out of the box, but then Ill blame schools, Im not blaming them because its easy. But theyre the ones who teach us one way of solving problems, they dont extend and teach us more. God! and we actually pay for education :/
I trust my brain .. And I think I might come up with one great school system if Im allowed :p

I'll agree with you on this one :) :D :p ;) (y)

Reaction score
I'll agree with you on this one :) :D :p ;) (y)
Me too!!