• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Iɴғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ Cᴏᴍᴍᴜɴɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Tᴇᴄʜɴᴏʟᴏɢʏ (0417) : Pᴏsᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛs ʜᴇʀᴇ! ᴴᴰ

Was this helpful

• Total voters
Reaction score
Can any ICT genius out there answer my queries:

- Which Email thingy should i use? For the communication tasks? Gmail?

With GMAIL i always get the problem, that they don't show the CC separately to the TO and the BCC portion. Examiner might cut marks there.

Some people use a software right? like OUTLOOK? Should i download that?

- In POWERPOINT, when they ask to give TRANSITION EVIDENCE. We have to go to SLIDE SORTER, and take a screenshot of those stars. All those starts don't show. Only the one where we drag the pointer towards is shown. How to fix this? i use OFFICE 2007. I heard this problem is not there in OFFICE 2010.

- In ACCESS, where to we insert the candidate details in REPORTS? How to we deduce this?

- How to make that SUMMARY thing in access?

- Should i read ICT PRACTICAL NOTES from somewhere, or the book? Or just practice past papers?

Please Reply!
Think U should use yahoo becuz it is easy to add contacts and it auto saves and making a group is always easier as they say in past papers
I dont recoomend Outlook!!! Since it can be crazy at times

Rest @Iridescent has cleared ur doubts

Also 2007 works fine!!!

Reaction score
How should I change the setting from inches to centimeters for all values in my computer?
click on the MS Icon in the upper left corner
select Word Options
select Advanced
scroll down about 1/2 way and you will see how to display in inches or metric etc.

Step 1: Open MS Word and navigate to File -> Word Options.

MS-Word-Options.png

Step 2: On the Word Options window, switch to the Advanced tab (on the left pane). Scroll to the section for Display and choose the desired unit from the drop down placed against the option reading Show measurements in units of. Click on Ok when done.

MS-Word-Change-Ruler-Unit.png

Reaction score
- For the e-mail, have a few options instead of just one e-mail id. Go for Yahoo and Hotmail as well because sometimes, servers are down which creates problems and unwanted delays.

hav atleast two options just incase one takes too long to open and try to make contacts in each!!
With GMAIL i always get the problem, that they don't show the CC separately to the TO and the BCC portion. Examiner might cut marks there.

No need if u are fimiliar with two email softwares!

- In POWERPOINT, when they ask to give TRANSITION EVIDENCE. We have to go to SLIDE SORTER, and take a screenshot of those stars. All those starts don't show. Only the one where we drag the pointer towards is shown. How to fix this? i use OFFICE 2007. I heard this problem is not there in OFFICE 2010.

No it dos work!

- In ACCESS, where to we insert the candidate details in REPORTS? How to we deduce this?

im pretty sure ur saying that becuz they take to much space rught? well wat i do and asked my teacher is that change the font size make it 10 pointss

check this out

- Should i read ICT PRACTICAL NOTES from somewhere, or the book? Or just practice past papers?

No but chek syllabus
just read and find out if u can do all tasks and pratcie practice practice

Please Reply!

:)
Iridescent has alreay given u a great answer might mine also might help!

Reaction score
u

Please Reply!
can read wat

shoaib672002
posted that i had written

Reaction score
In powerpoint, while making master slide.
Sometimes they tell us that title should be 36pt and subtitle should be 24pt and bullets and stuff.
But master slide has only two placeholders. And we can't add anymore?

Reaction score
In powerpoint, while making master slide.
Sometimes they tell us that title should be 36pt and subtitle should be 24pt and bullets and stuff.
But master slide has only two placeholders. And we can't add anymore?
sorry can u in other words explain the question plz