• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Iɴғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ Cᴏᴍᴍᴜɴɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Tᴇᴄʜɴᴏʟᴏɢʏ (0417) : Pᴏsᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛs ʜᴇʀᴇ! ᴴᴰ

Was this helpful

• Total voters
Reaction score
I am done with paper 2, but I had question, in the paper 2 powerpoint topic came so are there cahnces of it coming again in paper 3?
please reply fast my paper 3 is on Sunday

Reaction score
How to prepare for ICT theory paper 1?
Take a few print outs of recent past papers and open mark scheme plus your textbook and any other notes you have and then
FOR THEORY PAPER !
1-Read the question carefully
2-underline the thing they want(always helps me)
3- Read what it says in notes and textbook and compare with mark scheme and choose the most relevant points!
(I am saying to check the mark scheme because all points might not be in the textbook and this sometime mark scheme has more simple answers)
4-Write down the points make sure your sentences are linked to case given (if any)
5-Make sure you write complete sentences and not phrases !
6-Read your answer IT MUST MAKE SENSE and be direct so that the examiner does not hesitate to give marks
7-learn your answer in away you will remember it and when you do the next paper if the same question repeates DONT BE OVERCONFIDENT do it ! it will be
like test of how much you know and remember.

try all variants dont leave out any question after doing two years do the third one as a test do not sneak peak into marking scheme and TIME yourself

Reaction score
Take a few print outs of recent past papers and open mark scheme plus your textbook and any other notes you have and then
FOR THEORY PAPER !
1-Read the question carefully
2-underline the thing they want(always helps me)
3- Read what it says in notes and textbook and compare with mark scheme and choose the most relevant points!
(I am saying to check the mark scheme because all points might not be in the textbook and this sometime mark scheme has more simple answers)
4-Write down the points make sure your sentences are linked to case given (if any)
5-Make sure you write complete sentences and not phrases !
6-Read your answer IT MUST MAKE SENSE and be direct so that the examiner does not hesitate to give marks
7-learn your answer in away you will remember it and when you do the next paper if the same question repeates DONT BE OVERCONFIDENT do it ! it will be
like test of how much you know and remember.

try all variants dont leave out any question after doing two years do the third one as a test do not sneak peak into marking scheme and TIME yourself

Shouldn't i read the entire book first? or notes?
Then when i complete the syllabus, then past papers will be a piece of cake..

Btw, how many years should i do?

Reaction score

you should read the book along with referring to ur syllabus
but the thing is if you practice some past paer side by side you will get to know
the type of questions asked
the type of question repeated
how they might twist the question
answer according to the marks
the topics from which most questions are answered and
most of all you will be sure that you know how to apply the text book knowledge in different cases

Reaction score
you should read the book along with referring to ur syllabus
but the thing is if you practice some past paer side by side you will get to know
the type of questions asked
the type of question repeated
how they might twist the question
answer according to the marks
the topics from which most questions are answered and
most of all you will be sure that you know how to apply the text book knowledge in different cases
and about

about the years it depends on how much time you have i think u were the on who told me u hav alot of subjects in one session
so i suggest do 2010-2013 COMPLETELY
all variants and after you finish one year correct your answer match with mark scheme note the time
rewrite answers to mak sure you remeber thinng
then proceed with the next one
keep noting you r time and if you get stuck on one question refr to textbookrevise then come back to it
make sure you read each question properly

Reaction score
and about

about the years it depends on how much time you have i think u were the on who told me u hav alot of subjects in one session
so i suggest do 2010-2013 COMPLETELY
all variants and after you finish one year correct your answer match with mark scheme note the time
rewrite answers to mak sure you remeber thinng
then proceed with the next one
keep noting you r time and if you get stuck on one question refr to textbookrevise then come back to it
make sure you read each question properly

There are 6 variants in one year.
From 2010 to 2013, that would make a total of 24 papers.

But do i have to write the answers down? Can't i just read the marking schemes and the book?

Reaction score

But do i have to write the answers down? Can't i just read the marking schemes and the book?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
never do that cuz wen u say read u will skim and until u dont write it down u wont be as confident
and wen readind mscheme u might mix qustions
so do one thing check which variant ur giving and solve only that variant first of onesession
for eg if u r giving variant 1 do winter session for all years
wen u r done do all summer years but only that variant
onece ur done with that revise it all read ur notes syllabuz and any other notes u prepared
then go do the rest of the variants
OK

Reaction score

believe me wat im telling u is time consuming but u will score well
and its not like me and u hav different ways of studying perhaps
but u MUST write ur answers