• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how were bio papers?

Reaction score
Hey hey in the plasma mcq one, how could the answer be A? if i recall, A option was the glucose one, in which tissue fluid would have more glucose. But suppose the guy just had a meal, wouldnt the blood have more glucose?

And in the Seed one, is it sufficient to mention endosperm, testa, embryo, radicle and plumule? With each of their functions? Or did we also have to mension micropyle and hilum?

And in the xylem one, isnt protoplasm a part of the structure of the cell? I mean lignin n crosswalls are obvious answers, but technically vacuole n nucleus etc is also part of the structure!!!

And lastly, in the energy noncyclic thingy, is it really really necessary to mention decomposers? I mentioned everything else; energy loss through egestion excretion respiration, carnivore, producer, herbivore etc. If decomposers was necessary, how many marks would i lose?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Guys in the first question about the retina detachment.....
I wrote that the person would not be able to make a clear vision ......and no 3 diminsional image would form ...
Will i get marks for it...:-(
i believe you'll get atlest 1 for blurred image.

Reaction score
for the retina displacement question, the person does NOT go blind. the image is blurred. the field of vision decreases and temporary darkness occurs- like curtains infront of your eyes and flashes of light are seen. and No, i did not write this. i wrote a part of it. my aapi is in her final year of MBBS. :)

asd

Reaction score
Hey hey in the plasma mcq one, how could the answer be A? if i recall, A option was the glucose one, in which tissue fluid would have more glucose. But suppose the guy just had a meal, wouldnt the blood have more glucose?

And in the Seed one, is it sufficient to mention endosperm, testa, embryo, radicle and plumule? With each of their functions? Or did we also have to mension micropyle and hilum?

And in the xylem one, isnt protoplasm a part of the structure of the cell? I mean lignin n crosswalls are obvious answers, but technically vacuole n nucleus etc is also part of the structure!!!

And lastly, in the energy noncyclic thingy, is it really really necessary to mention decomposers? I mentioned everything else; energy loss through egestion excretion respiration, carnivore, producer, herbivore etc. If decomposers was necessary, how many marks would i lose?

Thanks in advance.
Then it would be C, as i remember for plasma one. because proteins are more in plasma
In our syllabus, endospermic seeds are not included, idk if that will be ignored or counted if you have mentioned. And hilum thing, I did mention it.
Xylem vessels are dead, no nucleus, no cytoplasm -- cross walls!
Decomposers were important, but they worth just 2 marks, or maybe 1. so chill :D

Reaction score

Thanks in advance.
Plasma has more proteins than tissue fluid. Microphyle and hilum will carry few marks, if any. so don't worry. For the non-cylic flow of energy question, you'll lose 2 to 3 marks max.

asd

Reaction score

Thanks in advance.
And yes, for non-cyclic thing it was important to conclude your answer by mentioning that the energy in the end of a food chain is never returned to sun or the producers (from where the energy initially came from). So, the energy is not recycled.

Reaction score
And yes, for non-cyclic thing it was important to conclude your answer by mentioning that the energy in the end of a food chain is never returned to sun or the producers (from where the energy initially came from). So, the energy is not recycled.
U also had to mention energy lost as heat energy !!

Reaction score
There are no protiens in tissue fluid :/ So it couldn't have been C, because the answer said 'fewer prroteins than in the plasma'

Reaction score
Dude, allele one was D, and plasma has got more proteins, i dont know the option tho.
How could allele one was D. In D option it was choromosomes having gene with 2 different alleles... As it was takken from a cheek cell...
Which means alleles were same .... So option C was correct (choromosomes having gene with same alleles) :)

asd

Reaction score
How could allele one was D. In D option it was choromosomes having gene with 2 different alleles... As it was takken from a cheek cell...
Which means alleles were same .... So option C was correct (choromosomes having gene with same alleles) :)
My book says that alleles can be different or same. That last part said both either same/different. C said They had to be same always, not correct.

Reaction score
see the limiting factor is already decreasing the rate of photosynthesis , if you change it ( lower it further ) it will FURTHER decrease the rate and if you change it ( higher ) then it will increase the rate. the mcq options did not include the word FIRTHER so it was already decreasing the rate and when changed it will only increase.
I'd hate to do this again but the answer to that was increase or decrease
source http://ibbiology.wetpaint.com/page/Explain+the+concept+of+limiting+factors+in+photosynthesis
Read the third point.

asd

Reaction score
AND YES!! I've got it in an A-levels book, it clearly says tissue fluid does contain proteins but in very less amounts. And its endorsed by cambridge :D