• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was the Physics P21?

Reaction score
I got 0.67 too but for the next one, I'm nt sure, I think it was 2. something. Hey what were the graphs like?

Reaction score
I think it .3214x10^-4

I'm sure it started with 0.32 but I've forgotten the rest of the digits after that. What was yours?

Reaction score
That was a LONG uncertainty question!

yeah, the next page, I got the same values as on the 1st page! : 2A and 0.67A

Reaction score
yeah, and apparently the 1st graph was a downward cure( i drew a straight line between the points! :( ), and the next one was an upward cure!

btw what can we use to measure the length!??

I wrote metre rule, even though the length was 1.75m

and the last page question (draw the lines on the wavefront)!!? I didnt get wtf they were asking!? :%)

Reaction score
curve? I got a straight line. Yeah I got 2 A and 0.67 A for the next one too.
What about the interference question did we have to draw a ripple tank?

Reaction score
apparently, one of my friends had the time to plot some other points, and it turned out to be a curve!?

yeah, i think you had to, since thats the only way to demonstrate interference with water waves!

Reaction score
Uh no, I don't think so. I drew two speakers and demonstrated it that way. I still think it's a straight line. God I hope it is. Yeah I wrote metre rule too. What about the last question what did you write there? I drew a two maximas then in between the n= 0 and n=1 (maxima) I drew a minima.

Reaction score
It was with water waves right?? In the case of water waves, the only example I've seen is with a ripple tank, so I don't know! Yeah, I hope it's a straight line aswell! The last qs, I just drew two lines for the 1st part,to indicate two places where constructive interference occurs (that's the only thing which came to my head!) and for the 2nd part, I made two wavefronts on the diagram with DASHED LINES, and drew a straight line to indicate a point where destructive interference occured!

Reaction score
For the second part, you were supposed to point out the use of a CRO for getting the phase difference and all.

Reaction score
AoA everyone!! I'm new here..most of my friends dont like discussing papers when we're done with them but i like to extract every miniscule detail:p just so im not too surprised when the results come out
Anyways..for phys what did u guys get for the moments question..the weight of the boy?i def got tht rong cuz instead of taking length as 2 for some weird reason i though it was 1 m...I h8 making silly mistakes..for the second current the right answer is 0 and 2 but i got tht wrong nad i knew the rite answere as soon as i gave in my paper:(
but i had no clue on how to solve tht maximum weight question!! and for the maxima and minima i just drew a dot where 2 crests overleab and labelled that as maxima...i didnt draw a line through all of the overlaping crests do u think thts right?

Reaction score
jumana94 said:
Ah well nice to meet u man! I'm jordanian i live in Saudi in jeddah... : )
Well i got a 42 in nov2010 varient 3....so i guess I'm good at phy too... i love phy..
the thing is tht i was freakin out in the exam...so i finished just before time alhamdulilah... I jus hope i did well too :)

mashALLAH! :) nice to meet you too man! well i was freking out before it, but when it started I was alot more comfortable!

Reaction score
Wat was the answere for How 2 increase the Maximum Weight and how do we make diagrams for rhe wave in the second last page both of them?

Reaction score
Increase maximum weight was to move the pivot towards the "A" side, thus increasing the moment of the 70N force and allowing you to put on a maximum weight!
I drew ripple tanks and labeled the components.

btw, what was the advantage of the bulb being kept in the 2nd circuit config, rather than the 1st??

Reaction score
I think I wrote something about the advantage of a parallel circuit. For max weight I wrote decrease distance between W and pivot even more to increase moment and the other downward force should be as far away as possible so that more amount of weight will be needed to balance the thing.

Reaction score
For the first minimum I got 0.67 A too...but in the second part i got 0.5 and 2 A....
For the graph it was a curve downwards and am sure about it cz i took 5 points...
the experiment i represented it by the ripple tank,, but how did u answer the second part? how did u view it?
and the maxima u had to draw a line were there is maximum constructive interference which is were wave fronts meet....while the minima is where they dont meet...

Reaction score
I didn't draw a ripple tank because they didn't specify that it had to be one. I drew two sound speakers of the same phase difference, then I showed how the interfere, in the second I drew them connected to a C.R.O. so that the wave patterns of both speakers could be demonstrated on the C.R.O.
Yeah you're right about the minima and maxima part. In the electricity question for the second part I remember getting 2 A but I'm not sure about the second value and I guess my graph is wrong. What about the kinetic model and pressure question, what did you write for that?

Reaction score
Ah well i dint really think of tht question well...cz i was focusing on finishing the exam more than writing the perfect answer...
I explained hw pressure i made when particles hit the walls of the container, I mentioned the force exerted by the particles on the wall, i even said tht they moved randomly in all directions...even have to mention the change in momentum of the particles....i even mentioned that the lighter the particles the faster they move, but am nt sure abt tht...

Reaction score
Yeah so did I but I didn't get into a lot of details as my answer was already so long it was 3 lines longer then the lines provided. =S
I wrote Newton's laws and related my answers to them , like 2nd law & 3rd law, had no idea where the 1st law fit in.