• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was the entry test?( A- Level students)

Reaction score
What if I read the fsc books side by side in spare time? Or those two three months after A level exams are enough?
Is there any possibility in the coming two years that Uhs may change their percentage criteria for merit?

Reaction score
no 2-3 months are enough
focus on ur alevels (they are harder than mcat)

well the merit is gonna go up by 0.5 to 1% at least
we will get our merit on nov 26, so i can tell u the answer to that on that day

Reaction score
no 2-3 months are enough
focus on ur alevels (they are harder than mcat)

well the merit is gonna go up by 0.5 to 1% at least
we will get our merit on nov 26, so i can tell u the answer to that on that day

Wow! Really? A'levels are harder than MCAT? Either you are really good at learning stuff by rote or you are kidding me. :p

Reaction score
Are the KIPS series any good ?
Depends on person to person. The supplementary book was quite good. Infact, it was the only book in which I could find MCQs exactly according to the syllabus. Apart from that the English book wasn't bad either. The sciences were basically a summarised version of the actual FSC books. You can't use them as an alternate to FSC books, but they might come in handy for revision if you are not in the mood to read the FSC books again at the end. :)

Reaction score
probably the english one is helpful as it contains the list of words

physics may also help but I am not sure

I dont think you would need the rest 2

Reaction score
Depends on person to person. The supplementary book was quite good. Infact, it was the only book in which I could find MCQs exactly according to the syllabus. Apart from that the English book wasn't bad either. The sciences were basically a summarised version of the actual FSC books. You can't use them as an alternate to FSC books, but they might come in handy for revision if you are not in the mood to read the FSC books again at the end. :)
Can u plz mention the exact name of the required revision book..:)

Reaction score
Can u plz mention the exact name of the required revision book..:)
he is referring to KETS
kips entry test revision series

they are NOT available on the open market. Kips people only let you buy it IF you are THEIR STUDENT first.

16,500rs for the MCAT session
and i think 1600rs for the books

the english one was good i guess

Reaction score
he is referring to KETS
kips entry test revision series

they are NOT available on the open market. Kips people only let you buy it IF you are THEIR STUDENT first.

16,500rs for the MCAT session
and i think 1600rs for the books

the english one was good i guess
...thanku .. When will the mcat 2013 session start?. Coz i hav to reach pk b4 tht date..

Reaction score
i think it starts in june. the day after last alevel exam

which city do u live in? also do you have a domicile? From which province?

Reaction score
where can i get the previous papers of uhs mcat from?

you CANNOT get UHS pastpapers. UHS has a question bank, they give questions from it every year.

Are u going to KIPS?
Kips people ask students who sit the mcat to learn a specific question. They then ask u that question after the mcat. Lets say they assign u question number 29 etc. This way by the use of their hundreds if not thousands of students, they are able to build a manual database of UHS questions!

See thats why people go to academies

Reaction score
can u plzz tell the name of those fsc books required for mcat preparation and are these enough for appearing in mcat of all medical colleges of punjab? i will be really thankful if someone guides me!

Reaction score
where can i get the previous papers of uhs mcat from?

look u CANNOT get hands on UHS past papers. UHS people dont release their past papers

Kips people ask their students every year to remember a specific question in mcat. So if i was giving mcat this year. They would tell me remember question number 28. After mcat they will ask me that 28th question and note it down. The question u get in daily KIPS test, some of them (NOT ALL) are actual UHS MCAT pastpapers. So go to academy if u can

Reaction score
can u plzz tell the name of those fsc books required for mcat preparation and are these enough for appearing in mcat of all medical colleges of punjab? i will be really thankful if someone guides me!

the punjab textbook board books for fsc are enough. If u can go to kips then go there and buy the KETS books. They are only available to KIPS students. U CANNOT buy them if u arent a kips student

DONT buy dogar etc. They are useless. If u go to kips then listen and note the lectures. When they give u the daily test. Read the tests. Note down the questions u find difficult. The questions u get in daily KIPS test, some of them (NOT ALL) are actual UHS MCAT pastpapers. So go to academy if u can

Reaction score
the punjab textbook board books for fsc are enough. If u can go to kips then go there and buy the KETS books. They are only available to KIPS students. U CANNOT buy them if u arent a kips student

DONT buy dogar etc. They are useless. If u go to kips then listen and note the lectures. When they give u the daily test. Read the tests. Note down the questions u find difficult. The questions u get in daily KIPS test, some of them (NOT ALL) are actual UHS MCAT pastpapers. So go to academy if u can

can one get the uhs question bank widout goin to kips?? as in i have the kets buks .. will that suffice??

Reaction score
can one get the uhs question bank widout goin to kips?? as in i have the kets buks .. will that suffice??

well that depends. KETS book do contain some material but not all

U can do the KIPS test session/ or whatever its called. Its held near the MCAT

i would suggest ke ratta lagao Fsc ke books ka especially eng words and bio

TRY TO UNDERSTAND PHY AND CHEM and then ratta lagao of formulas etc

Reaction score
List of government medical & dental collleges of punjab in 2013
GOVT. MEDICAL COLLEGES: OPEN MERIT SEATS:
  1. KING EDWARD MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LAHORE ( KEMU) 303
  2. ALLAMA IQBAL MEDICAL COLLEGE, LAHORE (AIMC) 302
  3. SERVICES INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, LAHORE (SIMS) 191
  4. FATIMA JINNAH MEDICAL COLLEGE, LAHORE ( FJMC) 256 (for girls only)
  5. AMEER-UD-DIN MEDICAL COLLEGE, LAHORE (ADMC) 100
  6. NISHTAR MEDICAL COLLEGE, MULTAN (NMC) 281
  7. RAWALPINDI MEDICAL COLLEGE, RAWALPINDI (RMC) 299
  8. PUNJAB MEDICAL COLLEGE, FAISALABAD (PMC) 288
  9. QUAID-E-AZAM MEDICAL COLLEGE, BAHAWALPUR (QAMC) 274
  10. SARGHODA MEDICAL COLLEGE, UNIVERSITY OF SARGHODA (SMC) 79
  11. NAWAZ SHARIF MEDICAL COLLEGE, UNIVERSITY OF GUJRAT (NSMC) 90
  12. GUJRANWALA MEDICAL COLLEGE, GUJRANWALA (GMC) 100
  13. SHEIKH ZAYED MEDICAL COLLEGE, RAHIM YAR KAHIN (SZMC) 126
  14. SAHIWAL MEDICAL COLLEGE, SAHIWAL (SwMC) 100
  15. SIALKOT MEDICAL COLLEGE, SIALKOT (StMC) 100
  16. D.G KHAN MEDICAL COLLEGE, DERA GHAZI KHAN (DGMC) 100 TOTAL 3089