• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was physics paper 4

How was physics paper 4 ?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Does someone remember the last part in question 2. about internal energy and whether the change in temperature will be less or more than 297?

Reaction score
temp was below 297.

And we didnt get any question about SHM of any needle and we gave paper 42 :s wtf?

Reaction score
megamind said:
thanks gary 221,but you are wrong,DAC and the serial to parallel are not the smae
check this diagram out(mobilephone flow chart)
if they are the same why are they kept seperate
(n)
ADC = samples the signal at regular intervals. for each sample, produces an 8- bit binary no. So DAC = will convert the binary no to a decimal no ie to an analogue signal.
Parallel to serial = takes the 8 bits from 1 sample n places them after the 8 bits from the previous sample to produce a continuous series of binary digits.
So, serial to parallel must do the opp. ie assemble the 8 bits, n pass them to the DAC for conversion into analogue. then, pass the next 8 bits to produce the next signal, n so on.
Did I say tht they both r the same??
I guess not : "The serial to parallel converter n the DAC produce an analogue signal" does not imply they r same.
And if I did say they r same, sorry, m bad!!

ANYONE WHO READ THIS 2 FREE MARKS

Reaction score
megamind said:
thanks gary 221,but you are wrong,DAC and the serial to parallel are not the smae​
check this diagram out(mobilephone flow chart)​
if they are the same why are they kept seperate​
(n)
ADC = samples the signal at regular intervals. for each sample, produces an 8- bit binary no. So DAC = will convert the binary no to a decimal no ie to an analogue signal.
Parallel to serial = takes the 8 bits from 1 sample n places them after the 8 bits from the previous sample to produce a continuous series of binary digits.
So, serial to parallel must do the opp. ie assemble the 8 bits, n pass them to the DAC for conversion into analogue. then, pass the next 8 bits to produce the next signal, n so on.
Did I say tht they both r the same??
I guess not : "The serial to parallel converter n the DAC produce an analogue signal" does not imply they r same.
And if I did say they r same, sorry, m bad!!

ANYONE WHO READ THIS 2 FREE MARKS

Obviously they are not the same! For one thing they have different names!

Reaction score
This is one of the most easiest papers ever. Anyone who got like a C in their AS can jump to an A. InshAllah.

Reaction score
Awkward in sense that the pattern was really much changed. No op amp circuits plus I was highly expecting MRI to come.
And for SHM apmlitude was 0.021m
no but the q said write expression in cm of how s related to t

Reaction score
how ws temp below 297 ? r u sure

first we give 95 joules
then we take out 125 joules
overall system has net loss of 125-95= 30J
since no thermal energy given/taken from system
system falls even further below 297
as 297 would have been if 0 joules loss/gain.

Reaction score
NO!
There was nothing such written & we had to write in m not cm.

For displacement
X = 0.021 Cos (w) t [Can't remember what was omega)

For Velocity
V = - 0.021 Sin (w ) t x (w)

Reaction score
U were suppose to write 0.021 not 2.1..
i did do it in metres for the calculation for energy, but i have a strong feeling it ws written in cm in the q for equation cuz before putting the values i ws seriously considering whether they wanted it in m or cm,,,,oh well maybe i did write 0.021

Reaction score
NO!
There was nothing such written & we had to write in m not cm.

For displacement
X = 0.021 Cos (w) t [Can't remember what was omega)

For Velocity
V = - 0.021 Sin (w ) t x (w)

Unfortunetly the question said what was the numerical expression for X cm. So everything had to me in cm not m. The velocity was however m/s