• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was physics paper 4

How was physics paper 4 ?

• Total voters
Reaction score
i did do it in metres for the calculation for energy, but i have a strong feeling it ws written in cm in the q for equation cuz before putting the values i ws seriously considering whether they wanted it in m or cm,,,,oh well maybe i did write 0.021

Question clearly said "in cm"

Reaction score
Erm weren't we supposed to replace the 'w' with the angular velocity thingy? Given that the question did ask us to write with respect to t or something? lol Or maybe I'm wrong. Whatever.

Reaction score
i interpreted the question a whole different way!

That's just a general thing, I obviously didn't write that. Used the formula U= q + w and q was zero while w was negative because work was being done by the gas to push back the piston and not on the gas. Hence U was negative, and decrease in internal energy suggests a lower temperature.

Reaction score
That's just a general thing, I obviously didn't write that. Used the formula U= q + w and q was zero while w was negative because work was being done by the gas to push back the piston and not on the gas. Hence U was negative, and decrease in internal energy suggests a lower temperature.

I thought the statement about the gas expanding against the pressure and doing 150 J of energy, was a general statement and i took the first line of the problem that is: The volume of gas remains constant and said that 150 J of energy is done on the gas, causing to keep it at constant volume, so internal energy increases and therefore temperature rises.

Reaction score
I thought the statement about the gas expanding against the pressure and doing 150 J of energy, was a general statement and i took the first line of the problem that is: The volume of gas remains constant and said that 150 J of energy is done on the gas, causing to keep it at constant volume, so internal energy increases and therefore temperature rises.
Dont exactly remember if it said volume was to remain constant o_O

Reaction score
dont say that u agree Hunza ! XD, i wrote temp rises, how much marks lost ? 3 ?

The other guy says I misread the question because if the volume was to stay constant then probably its the other way round :s Cuz I read as volume to be increasing i.e. work being done 'by' the gas, that is negative work done so negative internal energy and temperature decrease but if the volume was staying constant and the piston wasn't moving, I've lost marks :s

Reaction score
The other guy says I misread the question because if the volume was to stay constant then probably its the other way round :s Cuz I read as volume to be increasing i.e. work being done 'by' the gas, that is negative work done so negative internal energy and temperature decrease but if the volume was staying constant and the piston wasn't moving, I've lost marks :s
u knw i still believe it shud be half of 2.1,,,,,idk it has taken roots in my mind

Reaction score
I believe I read it very carefully and didn't find a thing such but anyways if that's so then you're right. More marks lost :/
nd what about velocity being in m/s, i didn't convert it into m for velocity either !