• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was physics paper 4

How was physics paper 4 ?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I agree to you more than 100%.
November 2012 p42 was the easiest so far , It was literally cake and GT was still 58 and people expected GT to be around 70+
Today's paper wasn't that easy guys only Section A was easy !
Section B pattern was totally changed and questions were very awkward :/

GT for this paper would be 60-62 max.
how were they "awkward" ??? i know in q1 they didnot have comparators nd the were the answers to feul to be related to sensing ???? cuz i didnt i just told the gradient ws decreasing nd that there ws a value for volume of feul becuz curve touched x axis too soon,,,,,nd for the recovered analogue signal, do not even ask,,,i made the right graph nd then re drew a wrong graph so 4 marks gone.....nd at the time i cudnt understand the last part of photon q too

Also plz tell was the amplitude for shm 2.1 or half of 2.1 ????? big confusion

Reaction score
how were they "awkward" ??? i know in q1 they didnot have comparators nd the were the answers to feul to be related to sensing ???? cuz i didnt i just told the gradient ws decreasing nd that there ws a value for volume of feul becuz curve touched x axis too soon,,,,,nd for the recovered analogue signal, do not even ask,,,i made the right graph nd then re drew a wrong graph so 4 marks gone.....nd at the time i cudnt understand the last part of photon q too

It was 2.1 for sure.

Reaction score

I talked about decreasing and increasing gradients and related it to why this was so like the driver needs to be warned when the fuel is finishing and that in the start of the journey when tank is full he doesn't need such warnings so fuel consumption comes as lower than what it actually is. :s I just thought its 'application' so I should tell how its applicable. I did talk about gradients waisay.
and amplitude I've taken wrong I'm sure :/

Reaction score
What was the answer to the question on Magnetism ,where they asked if the two wires have the same force or not? ans what was the value of Mag flux density?

Reaction score
What was the answer to the question on Magnetism ,where they asked if the two wires have the same force or not? ans what was the value of Mag flux density?

Same force since the force is dependent on the product of the currents in the wires

Reaction score

Awkward in sense that the pattern was really much changed. No op amp circuits plus I was highly expecting MRI to come.
And for SHM apmlitude was 0.021m

Reaction score
Can the answers be discussed ? The paper was way too easy but sometimes answers (of numericals) differ, if possible can they be discussed here

Reaction score
The unusual fuel/driving question was pretty easy I think. I mean it seemed like basic stuff we did in O-levels..

Reaction score
The exact same question came a few years ago and the marking scheme accepted an answer stating the force is dependent on the product of both currents.

Reaction score
i dont understand what the 2.1 question is :/ was that in 42?

and i think fuel question was the gradient was too low in first part, so small change in V for large change in fuel, and then gradient increased, so large change in V for same amount of change in fuel.