• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Physics P42

Reaction score
sampling frequency 44100 Hz, 16 bit system, music played for 5 min 40 sec
thanks, so t= (5x60)+ 40 = 340 s

no of bits per sample = 16
no of samples per sec= 44100 Hz
total no of bits = 44100 x 16 x 340 = 2.40 x 10^8 bits

I think it was 44.1 KHz, not 44100 KHz. Is this what you did too?

Reaction score
thanks, so t= (5x60)+ 40 = 340 s

no of bits per sample = 16
no of samples per sec= 44100 Hz
total no of bits = 44100 x 16 x 340 = 2.40 x 10^8 bits

I think it was 44.1 KHz, not 44100 KHz. Is this what you did too?
lol. i did exactly that! yes i wrote 44100 Hz which is 44.1 Khz.

Reaction score
Besides the comparator, I got the same answers! For the reasons, there is also the fact that the photo-current or rate of emission of electrons increases linearly with increasing intensities of incident radiation.
The question on the graph of a comparator is an exact copy of the mj12 variant 2 question.
There are many reasons for the photo-electric question however you cannot mention that "Emission is instantaneous" as the question already said that.

Reaction score
The question on the graph of a comparator is an exact copy of the mj12 variant 2 question.
There are many reasons for the photo-electric question however you cannot mention that "Emission is instantaneous" as the question already said that.
Yes, i've seen the famous Ah-Shun post : P I did not mention the spontaneous emission, just these 3 points;
1. Photocurrent proportional to intensity
2. Max kinetic energy of emitted electrons independent of intensity of incident light/radiation, but dependent on frequency of radiation.
3. Threshold frequency

I love this chapter in Physics. I wish we also studied Quantum Physics, but I guess the math is too far beyond the realms of A-level.

Reaction score
Yes, i've seen the famous Ah-Shun post : P I did not mention the spontaneous emission, just these 3 points;
1. Photocurrent proportional to intensity
2. Max kinetic energy of emitted electrons independent of intensity of incident light/radiation, but dependent on frequency of radiation.
3. Threshold frequency

I love this chapter in Physics. I wish we also studied Quantum Physics, but I guess the math is too far beyond the realms of A-level.
I love this chapter too and yet i failed to write all the 3 reasons well -.- I know the answer, I forgot them cuz of stress :(

Reaction score
Mine was 1.0 x 10 ^8 J too change in Ek
it was 7.0 x 10^6 Km and 7.3 x 10 ^6Km make sure you converted Km to m

Reaction score
When you were asked to find the change in Ek did you guys find Ek with the first radius, then with the other radius and then subtracted one from the other...or did you just find the Ek with the last radius..?

Reaction score
When you were asked to find the change in Ek did you guys find Ek with the first radius, then with the other radius and then subtracted one from the other...or did you just find the Ek with the last radius..?
yes, Ek with first radius and second radius...than the diff

Reaction score
Nevermind!I messed up the electronics part. I'm sure you did great :)
Hehe lol, I knew exactly wat to do in electronics, but instead of putting the sides as square i made them curvy and saturated at+-5 :( I hope i lose only 1 mark cuz i showed how it's saturated etc :(

Reaction score
Hehe lol, I knew exactly wat to do in electronics, but instead of putting the sides as square i made them curvy and saturated at+-5 :( I hope i lose only 1 mark cuz i showed how it's saturated etc :(
Oh well, it's done now. Time to have fun with p5!