• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Mechanics Paper 42!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How was the paper

• Easy

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • Hard

Votes: 40 28.2%
  • Not Hard and Not easy

Votes: 75 52.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
haha we had to show the time not the formula...you didnt understand the queation dude :p

That question you have to find the equation of the last line, then integrate it... Easy, But i did another way not sure if its correct, I calculated the journey distance and substituted in the equation and got t=24 which is between 19<t<27...

Reaction score
I'm talking about the last question!! Not question 6
Can someone send me the final answer of question 7

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the combined GT for both P1 and M1 out of 125 ?
Is it going to be 89 like last year or more ?

Reaction score
in the first part i got speed of 5.46 m/s and in the 2nd part my distance was 3. something.... wats urs??
[/quote]
u will use this speed as initial speed for second part a=-g*sino which was -2. something and find the distance it traveled till v=0 then use this equation to get distance s=2.5-(.6+answer of part 2) the answer would be .4 something! :)

Reaction score
That question you have to find the equation of the last line, then integrate it... Easy, But i did another way not sure if its correct, I calculated the journey distance and substituted in the equation and got t=24 which is between 19<t<27...
my teacher said we had to differentiate...anyways what answer you got for first question??? cooficient of friction and accelalration??

Reaction score
my teacher said we had to differentiate...anyways what answer you got for first question??? cooficient of friction and accelalration??
no it was u had to integrate from acceleration to distance this was the equation u had to use a=.75 integrate from this u have to find the value of two Cs while finding equation of distance!! the value of acceleration was taken from the graph of last part of the journey if anybody remember's all the values of the graph i can show u how to do it!! :) :)

Reaction score
no it was u had to integrate from acceleration to distance this was the equation u had to use a=.75 integrate from this u have to find the value of two Cs while finding equation of distance!! the value of acceleration was taken from the graph of last part of the journey if anybody remember's all the values of the graph i can show u how to do it!! :) :)
i thought of dat..i tried integrating velocity but failed to do so :(

Reaction score
yea mine was same but i got accelaration 0.8 as well..:/..what did u get?
no acc ws didfferent,not 0.8,,,,,u had to calculate new friction from the coefficient of friction after getting the new reaction force becuse there ws also a vertical component of tension so reaction force ws no longer equal to wait

Reaction score

The Values

(20, 1) (26, 6.5)

Reaction score
in question 7 answer was 0.47 m
in q 4 last part speed was 2.65 and in first paprt distanc was 13 .tension in pb was 13..P was 12KW and steady speed was 13.3
w work done against resistance was 750 and the question we have to show kinetic energy
plz tell me other questions,i forgot them