• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Mechanics Paper 42!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How was the paper

• Easy

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • Hard

Votes: 40 28.2%
  • Not Hard and Not easy

Votes: 75 52.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
i got.. 1.58 m and was pretty sure that's correct.. as i finfished 15 minutes earlier i sat and recalculated the whole thing... cant remember the full, but the last part i found that:
due to B's motion, A was pulled from rest to the same speed of B, v^2=0^2+2as, so distance = 's'..
Then A travelled a bit more due to subsequent motion( or continuing motion but against gravity until it stopped): 0^2=u^2-2gs (here u of A = final speed of B just before hitting ground,) hence a futher 's' travelled.
total dist= s+s, which came 0.92m by A towards P for me.
A travelled 0.92 m towards P.
and dist from P (2.5-0.92) = 1.58 m... plz share wat others did..
*****And wat was the MARKS for this part????
hey first s will be 0.6m and second distance when A was resting on ground was 1.--- something i don't remember u did something wrong my friend what was ur acceleration value a=-2.-- something??

Reaction score
2.45m when T/2

And in the first part they did asked speed or maybe time when S/2
how did you calculate it i remember the initial speed was zero final speed was 8 m/s and accelarion was 10*16/65 and total distance was 13 m