• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS MATHS PAPER 3 VARIANT 2 with poll

how was the paper?

• Total voters
Reaction score
i almost made it ( just had to rearrange the terms).

can someone post question 6(i) ( what they wanted us to show).

was it cos2x = (sin2x - pi)/4x ?

ofc replace x with theta

as for part(ii) i got 0.93 or 0.95 ( i cant remember clearly)
i was somewhere near that too i think it was 0.93

Reaction score
did any1 attemp the last qsn??? it was a differential equation question....
I attempted it. Got confused with H, h, A .
Moreover i tried to differentiate volume of cone. Was not successful.
Due to lack of time, i messed it up .
Hence, was not able to do part c) and i may lose all the marks for this ques.
The question was lengthy .. And had many parameters, duh . For part B, it says solve the diff. Equation in terms of H.
Mine had A and H >.< i really got confused.
I always put the constant K when i write my equation. This time i think we had to make use of A instead of K.

Reaction score
hi ,for the circle, i tried to show the equation but not successfull at the end, got 0.95, for complex i tried simultaneous eqn but forgot to rationalise, drawed the graph labelling the axes , for vectors i've found eqn of plane, pt d, and for length made root of y2-y1+x2-x1+z2-z1 i didnt show the length stated in quest instead got length in decimal, for differential couldnt find A, but i wrote dv/dh prop to k.., forgot what i've written but it was good and paper was over, you think i may get marks for method and calculations for i've done after all?

Reaction score
hi ,for the circle, i tried to show the equation but not successfull at the end, got 0.95, for complex i tried simultaneous eqn but forgot to rationalise, drawed the graph labelling the axes , for vectors i've found eqn of plane, pt d, and for length made root of y2-y1+x2-x1+z2-z1 i didnt show the length stated in quest instead got length in decimal, for differential couldnt find A, but i wrote dv/dh prop to k.., forgot what i've written but it was good and paper was over, you think i may get marks for method and calculations for i've done after all?
I did more or less the same thing ! :O
I think ill get around 40 marks .
If gt is 45 for an A, then i may get a B hopefully :)

Reaction score
the main problem i guess for everyone was differential eqn,vector third part and complex second beat?

Reaction score
Hi there I'm new here...Just wanna say I found the paper tough:(Felt very sad tht all these years spent in practising P3 to end up like this...Aweful:cry:

Reaction score
And if a student scores, 67 in p1 , 40 in p3 , 38 in s1 as well as m1/s2 ?

Reaction score
i can't do number 6 and 10 due to the limited time.. lol.. and when i realized it was 15 minutes left.. omg i'm so doomed .___.
But don't lose hope guys.. maybe the examiner will understand how hard the question.. just pray for the best :/