• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was maths paper 3 for oct/nov 2013 session ?

Will they lower the grade treshold for an A like last year's paper 32?

• Total voters
Reaction score
That's correct if one cm was equal to one unit!

well thats the problem the graph was of large size. 1 cm was not equal to 1 unit....most of the times i practised 1 cm was equal to 1 unit so out of insticnt i jst drew a circle of 1 cm

Reaction score
I think that's wrong. if the line and circle intersect then the minimum distance ( mod(z-u) ) becomes 0. I too did the same thing but then calculated the distance of the point of intersection from the origin.- which is totally wrong.
I think the correct ans might be (5)^(1/2) -1. One of my pals got that. Seems legit.

Theyasked for the minimum distance?!!! OMG I did the right thing but I changed the graph thinking they were asking for the point they met :(

Reaction score
Is the site down? I wanted to dload papers but it said there was some server error and I could go onto the page :(

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wanna wish gud luck 4 those sittin 4 accounting P2 tomorrow!
Hpe everythings gonna B fine...

Reaction score
What was the complex number question? arg(z+2)=135 or arg(z-2)=135 ?? Basically was the equation of the line x+y=2 or x+y=-2 ??

Reaction score
@ all: Guys plz 4get abt this nw,it wont make any difference;the paper has already been returned,nw awaiting correction.I suggest tht u nw concentrate 4 ur nxt papers.I myself had spent 1 n a half day 2 recover frm this shock...but this didn stp me frm regaining courage to prepare myself 4 tomorrow.Plz dnt demoralise urself,just get ready to attack the other papers. Be strong guys n gals!

Reaction score
I couldnt understand the second part of the question for complex number :s i just made a circle with radius 1 centre -i i think..i attempted to solve the arg , but i got confused..so i just left that part :(
Well , i also couldnt show the ppd. Distance of D to the line :/
I practised papers from 2007-m/j 2013 .
All i can say is,
O/N 2013 is actually the toughest ( according to me ) .
I think ill get around only 40 marks for this paper..

can u pls post the papers.