• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was maths paper 3 for oct/nov 2013 session ?

Will they lower the grade treshold for an A like last year's paper 32?

• Total voters
Reaction score
did u get i + 2j + 2k as the position vector of D
Got the same for D mate:)bt for eqn of plane i got 3x+2y-2z=7:confused:.were u able to prove the perpendicular disatnce from OD to A? I got 1/3(11^1/2) instead of 63^1\2[/quote]

yep was able to prove it.

Reaction score
I really hope they lower the GT..the qstn was tough as hell
Seems like they will lower the gt.
We must concentrate on other papers now.
I still have s1 and s2 to prepare. Hope these papers will be relatively easier than p3.
As for p1 , i had problem with only ques 1 and 2 .
Otherwise, the paper was easy peasy.

Reaction score
What was the value of mod(z-u)?? The minimum distance between the two complex numbers.
sadly i only drew the circle and the half-line and ignored this part of the question cuz i just didnt have the time . this question seems pretty simple though

Reaction score
Seems like they will lower the gt.
We must concentrate on other papers now.
I still have s1 and s2 to prepare. Hope these papers will be relatively easier than p3.
As for p1 , i had problem with only ques 1 and 2 .
Otherwise, the paper was easy peasy.

ya must of the students found it difficult so gt is going to be low...i hope 45 for A(y) or many of us are getting screwed(n)
well mine p1 went pretty well and m1 t0o...i have s1 left..hope to get a over all A in maths if s1 goes good..:) ... i hope p3 dont screw the hope

Reaction score
i
sadly i only drew the circle and the half-line and ignored this part of the question cuz i just didnt have the time . this question seems pretty simple though
i draw circle of 1 cm radius instead of 1 unit..feeling lyk a idiot:mad:

Reaction score
i am surely failing my pure maths paper........ but im just hoping dat m1 can cover up fr my marks....

Reaction score
i am surely failing my pure maths paper........ but im just hoping dat m1 can cover up fr my marks....
Hey dont lose hope :)
Paper 1 was not that tough .
I hope they are lenient for paper 3
Do your best for other papers , coz remember its your chance to prove yourself !

Reaction score
can some1 tell me how to proceed with the second part of the complex number? i have only drawn a line for (z-u) :(

Reaction score
can some1 tell me how to proceed with the second part of the complex number? i have only drawn a line for (z-u) :(

You also needed to draw a circle with center i and radius 1. The line and circle meet at two points

Reaction score
You also needed to draw a circle with center i and radius 1. The line and circle meet at two points
I think that's wrong. if the line and circle intersect then the minimum distance ( mod(z-u) ) becomes 0. I too did the same thing but then calculated the distance of the point of intersection from the origin.- which is totally wrong.
I think the correct ans might be (5)^(1/2) -1. One of my pals got that. Seems legit.

Reaction score
I swear i felt like crying! No bragging but im a pretty high scorer! been getting A's throught! the As paper was ok; but this Paper was just BLOODY HARD! Nothing like the pastpapers! ive practiced around 15-20 papers before the exam! this was Hard! why did they have to make it so hard? leaving us depressed! i have 12 more papers left :( Im from Seychelles! we do variant 2. And we do all ; AS AND A2 together! but i reallly hope threshold is 45 or less for an A!

Same thing for me...:cry:
I really hpe S1 and S2 are gonna be easier cuz I'm losing hpe for the rest of my papers...
Don't have the courage to revise now...:(

Reaction score
People who have 50+, please stop complaining. You're obviously going to get an A. This page is for those who are worried about getting 40!

Ya tht's true, you guys are definitely gonna be in the "top band"
I think majority may have around 35-40...
But I think I have lower marks thn tht:cry: Literally left the paper unanswered as from no. 5:(