• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was economics??

Reaction score
I asked my sir today, he told me basically we have to write the definition, policy conflicts (inflation and balance of payments) and a judgment. Basically, what i wrote about the policies (fiscal, monetary, etc) is useless, and I will get no marks in that department, however he said my point on weather is alrite (as long as i brought in the stuff about its affecting the primary sector) and I wrote the definition and an appropriate conclusion. So basically, I am expecting a 4 out of 10 in this part :S
Awwww..........................thank you thank you so much :D
I was quite worried regarding what i wrote cause what you wrote was written by majority of my friends too and I was worried that my answer is drained but thank you and thank God mera answer theek hai.
And yes Allah karay sub k iA A*s ayin. Ameen.:)

Reaction score
I asked my sir today, he told me basically we have to write the definition, policy conflicts (inflation and balance of payments) and a judgment. Basically, what i wrote about the policies (fiscal, monetary, etc) is useless, and I will get no marks in that department, however he said my point on weather is alrite (as long as i brought in the stuff about its affecting the primary sector) and I wrote the definition and an appropriate conclusion. So basically, I am expecting a 4 out of 10 in this part :S
So it means what I wrote regarding policy conflicts like inflation etc and trade off was correct? I am still quite unsure cause majority of my friends wrote about the polices (monetary, fiscal, supply and demand) like you guys did. I still believe the correct answer should have been as follows:

Q6c) Is it always possible for the govt. to achieve high level of economic growth?
  1. Economic Growth's definition.
  2. Few possible advantages of economic growth e.g employment and exports.
  3. Govt.policies boosting economic growth (monetary, fiscal, supply and demand).
  4. The dilemma of trade offs i.e. policy conflicts like inflation and unemployment (demand-pull inflation/BOP)
  5. Hint of the disadvantages of economic growth like environmental degradation and capital intensive methods leading to redundancies along with the risk of over exploitation of scare resources.
  6. Since it was an open ended question so the answer could have also highlighted that even if govt. was successful it may not be of an advantage if the population grew at the same time or if it resulted in greater disparity between incomes or if money was spent on non-consumer goods like weapons.
  7. Conclusion which should have been a NO.
I hope everyone scores well and get straight A*s. Ameen.

Reaction score
dude dont worry...u willl get credit in mentioning the policies!!
Still the answer should have been as follows:
  1. Economic Growth's definition
  2. Few advantages like employment and exports
  3. How govt. boosts the economic growth i.e the policies of supply side etc
  4. Disadvantages of economic growth like environmental degradation and capital intensive methods leading to redundancies along with the risk of over exploitation of scare resources.
  5. The policy conflicts like inflation and unemployment and BOP conditions
  6. Since it was an open ended question so the answer could have also highlighted that even if govt. was successful it may not be of an advantage if the population grew at the same time or if it resulted in greater disparity between incomes or if money was spent on non-consumer goods like weapons.
  7. Finally the conclusion which should have been a NO.

Reaction score
welll!! what i did was
1., 2., 3., 6., 7.,

so i guess i can expect :)
Yes you surely can but the most important part of the answer was the policy conflicts which you missed out but my dilemma is that I didn't talked about the polices and mentioned everything else and people think that what I did was perfeclty correct, just hope to score an atleast 8/10 in that question.

Reaction score
Yes you surely can but the most important part of the answer was the policy conflicts which you missed out but my dilemma is that I didn't talked about the polices and mentioned everything else and people think that what I did was perfeclty correct, just hope to score an atleast 8/10 in that question.
yo yo..that was my bad!! Just remembered..i can perfectly remember i wrote about the policy conflicts!! :D so Insha Allah can get :D

Reaction score
As far as the question of 'are all small firms likely to grow?' is concerned, we were supposed to write the reasons for why small firms exist in economies when growing large can bring immense benefits with a possible touch of the reasons to avoid diseconomies like poor communication and low morale. As a whole case study was quite good but the 10 and 8 marks questions increased the risk.
ur answers are awsome i wish i cud have written such answers but i hope i get an A or A*

Reaction score
Can we discuss the eco paper please? Im having alot of doubts now :( pleassssssse

Reaction score
i want to discuss q's 3,4,5 and 6 but i dont really remember the questions. plus i dont even correctly remember the question numbers that i did :|

Reaction score
did u aswer da question on if gov ca always aim for economic growth

Reaction score
i want to discuss q's 3,4,5 and 6 but i dont really remember the questions. plus i dont even correctly remember the question numbers that i did :|
did u aswer da question on if gov ca always aim for economic growth

Reaction score
I basically focused on the policies which the government can use to encourage economic growth (fiscal, monetary and supply-side) and then I went on to talk about there are other factors beyond government control which can determine economic growth such as weather and demand for exports
i said it depends on availability of resourses