• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was economics??

Reaction score
i missed the population question!! and that small firms thing im glad i missed it!! Guys? Dis anyone do the economic growth and inflation question!! Please let me know, wanna ask smething!!
what did u write in part 3c

Reaction score
I wrote nearlly 8-9 features of both type cntries & also mssd lack ov capitl,markt size ,prsnl prefrence pnt in small firms bt wrote more othr thngs like subsidy,competiotion flexible ,etc

Reaction score
oh achaa.. no i wrote them but missed the capital and advertising

Reaction score
What did ya people write for adv and dis-adv for a new firm in the foreign market??

as is it in foreign market then surely it is a large firm...so i wrote about economies of scale...is it write?

Reaction score
bro supply was not subject to any change but it was demand that was shifting inwards...also supply curve was to to eleastic

Reaction score
Well I attempted Q5,6 &7.
As far as the question of 'is the problem of population growth faced by developing countries similar to that faced by developed world?' required an analytical approach that problem may be same or similar cause it will result in increased dependency ratio and hence an opportunity cost in terms of govt. Expenditure and other disadvantages of increased population but is of a more concern for the developing nations as birth rate is high and are overpopulated and that basic amenities like infrastructure are not evenly distributed where as developed nations have an even distribution of infrastructal facilities and have low birth rate so the problems may be similar but is of more problem for developing countries as it will increase the pressure on the limited underdeveloped resources of developing countries

Reaction score
Furthermore, the question,"is it always possible for the govt. to achieve high level of economic growth?" was the most pathetic question where we had to mention the 'trade off or the policy conflict' and the mention of disadvantages of economic growth like environmental degradation and capital intensive methods leading to redundancies along with the risk of over exploitation of scare resources. Since it was an open ended question so the answer could have also highlighted that even if govt. was successful it may not be of an advantage if the population grew at the same time or if it resulted in greater disparity between incomes or if money was spent on non-consumer goods like weapons.

Reaction score
As far as the question of 'are all small firms likely to grow?' is concerned, we were supposed to write the reasons for why small firms exist in economies when growing large can bring immense benefits with a possible touch of the reasons to avoid diseconomies like poor communication and low morale. As a whole case study was quite good but the 10 and 8 marks questions increased the risk.

Reaction score
what is the answer for 10 mark question about 'whether it's always possible for government to achieve high rates of economic growth'?

Reaction score
what is the answer for 10 mark question about 'whether it's always possible for government to achieve high rates of economic growth'?
I basically focused on the policies which the government can use to encourage economic growth (fiscal, monetary and supply-side) and then I went on to talk about there are other factors beyond government control which can determine economic growth such as weather and demand for exports

Reaction score
I basically focused on the policies which the government can use to encourage economic growth (fiscal, monetary and supply-side) and then I went on to talk about there are other factors beyond government control which can determine economic growth such as weather and demand for exports
well i think my 10 marks are down the drain :confused: i wrote about sustainable economic growth and stuff:cautious:

Reaction score
well i think my 10 marks are down the drain :confused: i wrote about sustainable economic growth and stuff:cautious:
Hold on... even I dont know if I am right or wrong. You should probably ask your teacher, before trusting me.

Reaction score
Hold on... even I dont know if I am right or wrong. You should probably ask your teacher, before trusting me.

I wrote this:
we had to mention the 'trade off or the policy conflict' and the mention of disadvantages of economic growth like environmental degradation and capital intensive methods leading to redundancies along with the risk of over exploitation of scare resources. Since it was an open ended question so the answer could have also highlighted that even if govt. was successful it may not be of an advantage if the population grew at the same time or if it resulted in greater disparity between incomes or if money was spent on non-consumer goods like weapons.

I told my teacher and she said k it is perfectly alright and that I can get 85-90% marks on this answer.
I myslef am worried about my answer which I worte :cry:

Reaction score
I did Q 4,5,6......
Difference between external and internal economies of scale, was wrongly written by me

Reaction score
yay atleast i can get 6 marks or so!! i wrote about the policies and the possible conflicts like leading to demand-pull inflation due to increased aggregate demand!! hey do i have chances of getting atleast 8 marks?? :)

Reaction score
I wrote this:
we had to mention the 'trade off or the policy conflict' and the mention of disadvantages of economic growth like environmental degradation and capital intensive methods leading to redundancies along with the risk of over exploitation of scare resources. Since it was an open ended question so the answer could have also highlighted that even if govt. was successful it may not be of an advantage if the population grew at the same time or if it resulted in greater disparity between incomes or if money was spent on non-consumer goods like weapons.

I told my teacher and she said k it is perfectly alright and that I can get 85-90% marks on this answer.
I myslef am worried about my answer which I worte :cry:

I asked my sir today, he told me basically we have to write the definition, policy conflicts (inflation and balance of payments) and a judgment. Basically, what i wrote about the policies (fiscal, monetary, etc) is useless, and I will get no marks in that department, however he said my point on weather is alrite (as long as i brought in the stuff about its affecting the primary sector) and I wrote the definition and an appropriate conclusion. So basically, I am expecting a 4 out of 10 in this part :S

Reaction score
I asked my sir today, he told me basically we have to write the definition, policy conflicts (inflation and balance of payments) and a judgment. Basically, what i wrote about the policies (fiscal, monetary, etc) is useless, and I will get no marks in that department, however he said my point on weather is alrite (as long as i brought in the stuff about its affecting the primary sector) and I wrote the definition and an appropriate conclusion. So basically, I am expecting a 4 out of 10 in this part :S
dude dont worry...u willl get credit in mentioning the policies!!