• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Chemistry Paper 61 May June 2015

Reaction score
Heats up more quickly and catching fire is same? If not then in total I've lost about more than 5 marks :/

Reaction score
Me too!
I also wrote that Ethanol has a high flammability when exposed to flames, thus when using an electric heater it's safer as no flame in this case is exposed to ethanol.
This part was about of how much marks? 2?

Reaction score
Heats up more quickly and catching fire is same? If not then in total I've lost about more than 5 marks :/

I'm afraid they're not the same :/
As when you say heats up quickly you're referring to the liquid getting hotter not getting flammable nor catching fire.
But as you said now concentrate more at the moment at what's left and everything will be okay.

Reaction score
Okay now in total I've lost about 7-5 marks now ! What the answer of why iron electrodes are not used? I wrote because they are not inert and suitable wbu? :/

Reaction score
Are you sure that its acceptable?
Did you see this somewhere?
Source?Also majority of the answers are bleached litmus.
Well I didn't expect that CIE would ask us such an unpredictable question !! I never knew that Bromine can be tested by litmus coz i never read it anywhere ! And also this type of question came first time as there isn't any in past papers . It was of a single mark SO IT Won't affect ma grade if it gets wrong Inshallah . BTW what did you write for this question ??