• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Chemistry Paper 61 May June 2015

Reaction score
Guys what was your answer for the titration error thingy and improvement ??
I don't know but I had wrote that the error was perhaps the spillage of acid while pouring it into the burette .
And the improvement of this is to be more careful when pouring it up...
Lol..

Reaction score
Guys what was your answer for the titration error thingy and improvement ??
I don't know but I had wrote that the error was perhaps the spillage of acid while pouring it into the burette .
And the improvement of this is to be more careful when pouring it up...
Lol..
I wrote that NaOH wasn't measured accurately using measuring cylinder , so use pipette or burette to reduce the error

Reaction score
What did you write in the last question ??
Oh that was easy
In firsr part i wrote (in brief) that note the volume and time taken for h2o2 to decompose then again repeat the experiment with manganese oxide and note the time and volume. . It would be noticed that rate is faster and more vol. Of o2 produced

And in second part i wrote about mass of manganese oxide before and after reac.

Reaction score
Oh that was easy
In firsr part i wrote (in brief) that note the volume and time taken for h2o2 to decompose then again repeat the experiment with manganese oxide and note the time and volume. . It would be noticed that rate is faster and more vol. Of o2 produced

NO NOT MANGANESE OXIDE IT WAS COPPER II OXIDE LOL

Reaction score
Oh that was easy

And btw even if rate is faster it doesn't produce larger volume of O2

Reaction score
And btw even if rate is faster it doesn't produce larger volume of O2
Yeah what ever was the catalyst and regarding volume i m not sure

" A catalyst is nor REACTED nor CHANGED in a chemical reaction "

It just lowers the activation hill that's all what it does. Making the reaction happen at a faster rate.
It does not contribute within the chemical reaction regardless of whatever it was..

Reaction score
" A catalyst is nor REACTED nor CHANGED in a chemical reaction "

It just lowers the activation hill that's all what it does. Making the reaction happen at a faster rate.
It does not contribute within the chemical reaction regardless of whatever it was..
yeah i Wrote wrong about volume. . Hope they won't cut more than 1 mark

Reaction score
What about that in which they asked why there is difference in temprature though both acids have same concentration?

Reaction score
Btw what was the answer of the very first question. The one with the condenser and stuff, there was a label pointing on a kind of flask asking for it's name.
I mean I wrote a boiling flask...:confused: is this wrong or wut ?

Reaction score
I wrote flask and I labelled water in and out !
Btw what was the answer of the very first question. The one with the condenser and stuff, there was a label pointing on a kind of flask asking for it's name.
I mean I wrote a boiling flask...:confused: is this wrong or wut ?