• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How prepared are you all? For Maths IGCSE 0580? any tips, ideas?

Reaction score
i dont gt the second time one!
look i'll explain :) chill rehne ka.
so u understood 1st time, right? :D
First, it says that without replacement. so after 1st time u have taken out a pencil u will keep it out. This only 8 will be left in. Now it also says "exactly" one should be green! not both of them. so second time when u put ur hand in u want any pencil other than green to come because u want green in afterwards. so without green only 5 will be left. so 5/9. now u have taken a pencil out, not green. so in total the pencils will decrease by one but the green will stay 4. so 4/8
upar se guzar gya?:p

Reaction score
BEARINGS
i m not good in those any tips notes anything that can make me do them!!
bearings means taking the angle from north. :)
so if it says bearing of B from A. draw a vertical line at A. this will be NOrth at A. now connect point A and B with a line. the angle starting from north till this line is the angle required :3
lol ye bhi upar se :p
i'll write

Reaction score
look i'll explain :) chill rehne ka.
so u understood 1st time, right? :D
First, it says that without replacement. so after 1st time u have taken out a pencil u will keep it out. This only 8 will be left in. Now it also says "exactly" one should be green! not both of them. so second time when u put ur hand in u want any pencil other than green to come because u want green in afterwards. so without green only 5 will be left. so 5/9. now u have taken a pencil out, not green. so in total the pencils will decrease by one but the green will stay 4. so 4/8
upar se guzar gya?:p
nahi nahi guzra
ahukar ha!:rolleyes:

Reaction score
bearings means taking the angle from north. :)
so if it says bearing of B from A. draw a vertical line at A. this will be NOrth at A. now connect point A and B with a line. the angle starting from north till this line is the angle required :3
lol ye bhi upar se :p
i'll write
i already knew that!
i cant seem to answer teh question wen they have one angle and u find this frm this

Reaction score
OK bro! for this quest, it says DX: XB = 3:2

just wana know, if BD IS 20 then how we find BX?

and for the 2nd part, dont take the product of 2 whole diagnols?

Attachments

• 27.png
    27.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score

bro i'll answer that. lol i have finished up my internet so nothing was opening. now still very slow. my net will renew on 8 :e
lol kenarey pe chal rha hun main XD

Reaction score

so Dx:XB= 3:2. This means that we are dividing BD into 5 parts. and then out of that five parts BX is 2 of them :) and DX is 3 of them.
SO, BX= 2/5 x BD

Reaction score

no to find area at AC divide it into 2 triangles. one is DAC and other one is ACB. :)
now use the area formula to find area. find any other length u need to find :)