• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How did you guys find IGCSE Chemistry P12 / 32

Reaction score
I don't know.. I was able to finish the paper (thank god)
It was okay, a bit challenging however haha. I like the last question, it was so easy with the fermentation because it had biology content init which is pretty easy for me.

How did you all find it? :\ compare answers maybe? hehe

Reaction score
To be completely honest, there were some challenging questions. I didn't do as well as I did with biology though - made many stupid mistakes. xD
I hope we get good grades. :)

Reaction score
Omg I just saw the rules how were not supposed to talk about papers for the next 24 hours whoops sorry~.~
and yeah the biology paper was easier! :)

Reaction score
I guess 24 hours have passed.
The paper was easy and nothing challenging was present.
Hmm.. Just one question when the question asks you to write the observation, like in the question when copper(ii)nitrate is heated,are we suppose to write test or what?

Reaction score
The paper went well apart from the last question. I dropped bio 2 years back so i struggled in the yeast, respiration and enzymes part. The mole concept question was tricky. Made a few silly mistakes in paper 1. I hope we all get good grades. and also what do you guys think about the thresh hold ? will it be above 90 ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hmm.. Just one question when the question asks you to write the observation, like in the question when copper(ii)nitrate is heated,are we suppose to write test or what?

Since copper oxide , nitrogen dioxide and oxygen is formed, u must write what u see. Copper (ii) oxide is black, so u write a black solid is deposited. For oxygen, i wrote "a gas is produced which relights a glowing splint". for nitrogen dioxide (i just guessed) i wrote "turns damp blue litmus paper red".

I might be wrong though.

Reaction score
I don't know.. I was able to finish the paper (thank god)
It was okay, a bit challenging however haha. I like the last question, it was so easy with the fermentation because it had biology content init which is pretty easy for me.

How did you all find it? :\ compare answers maybe? hehe

Yeah it was kinda easy! but i made some careless mistakes! like for the question about reaction getting slower or something, i wrote because glucose is used up and because solution became too acidic so the yeast will die. I just realised I got that really wrong ughh. alcohol isn't acidic, it's just poisonous to them. 1 mark gone ):

Reaction score
The paper went well apart from the last question. I dropped bio 2 years back so i struggled in the yeast, respiration and enzymes part. The mole concept question was tricky. Made a few silly mistakes in paper 1. I hope we all get good grades. and also what do you guys think about the thresh hold ? will it be above 90 ?

unlikely for it to be above 90. It has been constantly +- 150 out of 200 for an A* for the past years...

Reaction score
Yeah it was kinda easy! but i made some careless mistakes! like for the question about reaction getting slower or something, i wrote because glucose is used up and because solution became too acidic so the yeast will die. I just realised I got that really wrong ughh. alcohol isn't acidic, it's just poisonous to them. 1 mark gone ):

Hmm tbh they asked for 2 points and yeah I also said glucose gets used up LOL and I think I said the enzyme will get denatured or something. (cos the temp increases during the reaction so I think the enzyme in yeast denatures)

Reaction score
Since copper oxide , nitrogen dioxide and oxygen is formed, u must write what u see. Copper (ii) oxide is black, so u write a black solid is deposited. For oxygen, i wrote "a gas is produced which relights a glowing splint". for nitrogen dioxide (i just guessed) i wrote "turns damp blue litmus paper red".

I might be wrong though.
I juts wrote than a black solid is formed with brownish yellow bubbles are given off. In addition some colourless bubbles are given off.
Dunno if wrong.

Reaction score
I juts wrote than a black solid is formed with brownish yellow bubbles are given off. In addition some colourless bubbles are given off.
Dunno if wrong.
I wrote that the gas relights a glowing split as well, same with the litmus test, but where does the brownish yellow bubbles come in? I don't really remember the content of the paper anymore, so :/

Reaction score

Reaction score

I might be wrong though.
Nitrogen is a brown gas
Copper nitrate is blue so you need to write color changes from blue to black

Reaction score
Since its observation, you write what you see.
So the marks distribution will be sth like :-
A black solid(1) is formed as the blue(1) Copper nitrate decomposes.
Reddish-brown(1) Fumes(1) are given off as NO2 is given off.

Reaction score
Since its observation, you write what you see.
So the marks distribution will be sth like :-
A black solid(1) is formed as the blue(1) Copper nitrate decomposes.
Reddish-brown(1) Fumes(1) are given off as NO2 is given off.
I just forgot to mention the blue colour. Didnt know that it was relevant here,