• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How did the physics 22 paper go?

How much do you expect?

• 50 - 60

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • 40 - 50

Votes: 34 38.2%
  • 30 - 40

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • < 30

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
For Q2

Q2 17.2 speed at 3.0s distance was 22.7,displacement 7.33 vertically down

Graph of velocity was a straight line with negative gradient with x intercept at 1.25 and y intercept at 12.2 and on the other side at the end at 3 s it was -17.2
Bro... i made a mistake in calculating the distance.... like for a certain part while the stone was falling we had to calculate the distance and by mistake i multiplied the time with velocity instead of acceleration...so got the distance to be 23.As a result got the displacement to be 7.66 downwards...... how much mark will I lose?

And in the other part while calculating the frequency for the stationary wave again by mistake i divided 3x10^8 by 2 instead of 2.8.... how much mark will i lose for this as well?

Reaction score
Guys i used the Kirchoff's second law for the Resistance of X and i showed them the whole long loop.. But during exam i got a different answer and at home i got 4500. My signs and the loop is on point so i do get 2 marks out of 3 right?
4500 is correct.

Reaction score
4500 is correct.

Man i know its 4500. What i am saying is i did kirchoffs law second rule and the method is correct because at home i got 4500 ohms but at school i was getting 7500 because i didnt include the =0 sign in the calculator. But the kirchoffs law is applicable in all circuits so that means i only lose 1 mark right?

Reaction score
the vertical component is only balanced by the tension in that rope rite?
I dont understand your question but
weight for me was 55N
while vertical component was 22N (of tension)
so some force must act upwards to balance the forces or otherwise it would fall
thus the force from the wall would have some vertical component

Reaction score
-_________- w8 lemme show u an evidence:
I hope now u understand what I did :/ (plz say i did it correctly :/)
11082214_851973608209689_527130308079539101_o.jpg
There is a difference between distance and displacement. If you are talking about displacement then B is correct. If you're talking distance then it's A+B+A.

No object in the universe can decrease distance traveled. It only adds up.

Reaction score
weight for me was 55N

i guess, the weight is countered by the vertical component of the tension and a force at R but at P the force should be such that it can counter the horizontal component of the tension. So that the resultant force is zero.

Reaction score
weight for me was 55N
ohh ok got it

Reaction score
There is a difference between distance and displacement. If you are talking about displacement then B is correct. If you're talking distance then it's A+B+A.

No object in the universe can decrease distance traveled. It only adds up.
Come on guys -_- i just wrote distance in the picture by mistake... Dw i didnt make the same mistake in ppr :p

Reaction score
This isn't entirely relevant to the topic, but how are you guys going to go about preparing for paper 3? I'm not sure, all i know is that we can learn the limitations and improvements of an experiment. Anything else?

Reaction score
This isn't entirely relevant to the topic, but how are you guys going to go about preparing for paper 3? I'm not sure, all i know is that we can learn the limitations and improvements of an experiment. Anything else?
Try giving ur own data for experiments or ask ur teacher to do that ... and do the whole theory and calculations part with that ... That will help u maintain ur pace during the exam
Go through the papers that uve already done, recollect how u did it and check the ms for those papers ... Try to understand what it says and correct any mistakes uve made ... make sure u avoid those
It will also be useful to read one or two examiner's report
That's it I guess ... All the best!

Reaction score
My exam went really bad. I lost all the marks for the speed question. So I lost about 15 marks :/ Also, I drew the reaction force thing north east direction too. I think I got 4508, so I rounded to 4500. I don't know if I got 7500. I don't remember. I found the voltage for thermistor and resistor Y, and subtracted them from emf to get voltage of x and then found resistance. I think the current was 5.33 times ten to the power of sth. I feel soo sad. Many topics weren't there. So, probably the threshold will be like 40-42. Hope it goes down to 30s.

Reaction score
What was the answer to the first part of electricity question?Where we had to find the current in the circuit >? Was it 6.6666 something ?