• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HI FREINDS HOW WAS THE PHYSICS ATP GCSE O LAVEL?

Reaction score
My chem preps good alhamdulillah bus ek cheez main masla have you guye seen those titrationnquestions where they ask about the colour change with the indicator jab ke asal main it actually depends on the ions? How do you guys know when the colour would be e.g green due to fe²+ and when it'll be a diff colour due to the indicator

Reaction score
My chem preps good alhamdulillah bus ek cheez main masla have you guye seen those titrationnquestions where they ask about the colour change with the indicator jab ke asal main it actually depends on the ions? How do you guys know when the colour would be e.g green due to fe²+ and when it'll be a diff colour due to the indicator
Mostly in indicator it gives us an alkali and acid not a salt that would have an ion which would give a color.But recently a question came and in it the answer was green due to Fe2+ and then purple due to KMnO4.But in that case there was no indicator involved.Indicator is only in acid-alkali questions get it?

Reaction score
Acid and bases change color to indicators
3 Indicators are used
1.Methyl Orange
2.Litmus
3.Universal Indicator (not used in titration as it changes color after a certain time whereas in titration fast color change is required)
4.Phenolphthalein
-->Just learn the above and good to go

Reaction score
Mostly in indicator it gives us an alkali and acid not a salt that would have an ion which would give a color.But recently a question came and in it the answer was green due to Fe2+ and then purple due to KMnO4.But in that case there was no indicator involved.Indicator is only in acid-alkali questions get it?
No I think there was one but it worked on the end result.... I could be wrong though btw do they give us acid salts bin these type of ques?

Reaction score
Acid and bases change color to indicators
3 Indicators are used
1.Methyl Orange
2.Litmus
3.Universal Indicator (not used in titration as it changes color after a certain time whereas in titration fast color change is required)
4.Phenolphthalein
-->Just learn the above and good to go
Yeah this is usually very easy but recently a ques came in whixh the stqrting colour was said to be green cause Fe²+ ions were present