• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HI FREINDS HOW WAS THE PHYSICS ATP GCSE O LAVEL?

Reaction score
i think it is incorrect.... first in the last 10 year papers i never saw cobalt chloride paper written in marking scheme of "physics".Secondly,cobalt chloride paper will add extra mass to the rod which will make "l" smaller in value, leading to inaccuracy..............
Just because it has not been mentioned ever in the MS does not make my answer wrong. However I considered that mass thing too, I wanted to explain but I could not due to lack of space.

Reaction score
Digressing the current topic,here,s a link for an oft repeated query(abt word limit in English paper1)
https://www.teachers.cambridgeesol.org/ts/exams/generalenglish/fce/faqs
Click on the writing tab and u will find the concerned question soon enough
Ok here,s what is written,just in case u don't want to view it:
Q. Some of my students write too many words. What will happen to them in the exam?
A. There is no specific penalty for writing an answer which is outside the word range, either under or over. Each task is designed to be possible within the range given, but candidates will not lose marks solely because their answer is longer or shorter.

However, it is worth bearing in mind that candidates who write very long responses have often included irrelevant information, and this can affect their mark for Content. Likewise, if the response is very long because it is poorly organised, then this can affect the mark for Organisation.

On the other hand, a very short response might have missed important information, or might not show enough range of vocabulary and structures, and this could have an impact on marks for Content and/or Language.

Reaction score
Digressing the current topic,here,s a link for an oft repeated query(abt word limit in English paper1)
Q. Some of my students write too many words. What will happen to them in the exam?
A. There is no specific penalty for writing an answer which is outside the word range, either under or over. Each task is designed to be possible within the range given, but candidates will not lose marks solely because their answer is longer or shorter.

However, it is worth bearing in mind that candidates who write very long responses have often included irrelevant information, and this can affect their mark for Content. Likewise, if the response is very long because it is poorly organised, then this can affect the mark for Organisation.

On the other hand, a very short response might have missed important information, or might not show enough range of vocabulary and structures, and this could have an impact on marks for Content and/or Language.
Cookie Monster

Reaction score

You sire, just made my day. *Cries out of happiness*

Reaction score