• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help will be appreciated greatly

Reaction score
I need to know if someone has an A in O level Maths and A* in English language
CAn that person prepare for SAT without any classes or tuition's ?

Reaction score
No way, u might score good in maths section ( i had an A star in maths but stil i score 680-710) but critical reading sections require high vocabulary u need atleast to learn 1000 + words to score even 550+ and moreover Vocabulary doesnt does everything u need to practice critical reading sections a lot for even an score of 550+ in critical reading and in writing skillls i guess u can score at a good rate any way best of luck

Reaction score
didnt get the chance to talk to him but it was his 3rd attempt
and SAT is one hell of an exam....
Learned that through a diagnostic test
its difficult then the whole A levels and O levels combined...atleast the english is
Maths is much better !

Reaction score
Exactly i have been working so much on the english section but still i am hopeless. Anyway, what is ur score in diagnostic test

Reaction score
HOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, how did u get 800 in CR plZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ tell me some tips i have a month about remaining and i cant score 600 plus plzz help

Reaction score
This guide (in attachment) may help. :)

Attachments

• Destroy the SAT.doc
    2.4 MB · Views: 61
Reaction score
Thank u soo much, but if i mark myself in the SAT 1 through Barron's book then my final SAT score will be similar or will it decrease???

Reaction score
I don't have Barron's, but I strongly recommend that you only practice using the official tests in Collegeboard's official guide.

Reaction score
I have a month left so u advice me to buy the SAT official guide and did u prepare only from it

Reaction score
Plz help me to mark myself in Writing section. Barron's book says that if u get 39 u get 650 and another book says that if u get 39 and an essay score of 8 then u get 690, and one document i got says that if u get 39 and a score of 8 in essay then u get 610, so i dont know which one is true

Reaction score
39 + 8 should be ~620-640 (according to a few official tests)

I got 45 in the actual SAT (46 minus 0.75 for 3 mistakes) plus a 7 in the essay, and I got 670. Cruel, no?

Reaction score
I used to get 47-48 in the practice tests lol. All 3 of my mistakes were in sentence correction questions and I hardly ever made any mistakes in those questions in all the practice tests I attempted! Some thing similar happened in Math; I have absolutely no idea how I could've gotten 5 wrong!!

Some more advice:

-Remember to fill the entire two pages for the essay, even if you're writing absolute bullsh*t. The length is VERY important.
-Don't waste time artistically filling in bubbles
-Remember to take refreshments with you! This, I believe, is the main reason for my poor score. :(

Reaction score
DO u have the SAT official guide in hard copy or soft. Actually i can't get it in softcopy and it will take 2-3 weeks for delievery until then i will hardly a week left so what shall i do??????