• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HELP FOR PAPER 6 BIO WHICH CHAPTER TO LEARN FOR ATP BIO

Reaction score
Paper 6 is basically all about experiments,graphs,magnifications,and reasoning.

So I would advice you to do is to do this small checklist yourself and upon it focus on your weak points/skills :

1.Can you calculate,measure and compare magnification diagram/s [ ]

2.Can you plot graphs and decide what namings would you put on your X and Y- axis [ ] *P.S Independent variables are all usually on the Y-axis REMEMBER

3.Can you prepare tests for different compounds as Starch,Fats,Proteins,etc. and write on them and compare the start and ending colours [ ] * P.S If asked for applying safety rules always remember to put at least 2-3 safety rules(Wear labcoat,Tie hair up..etc)

4.Can you successfully describe a graph of points [ ]

5.Can you draw a histogram if asked [ ] *PS when asked a histogram make sure you have equal spacing between each histogram bar and the other.

6. Can you compare between two organism diagrams to give different/similar features. [ ]

7. Can you draw a SMOOTH/BEST FITTED LINE on a graph. [ ]

8. Can you know how many points you should state for a question (E.g a 5 marks question would need 5 points
to score!) here you it's a trick.lol!

9. NOTHING just read the questions carefully and pay close attention to keywords they can be a key/hint to the answer and stay calm because YOU CAN DO IT!!

Good Luck Beautiful :) xx
Hope it's an A*!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Paper 6 is basically all about experiments,graphs,magnifications,and reasoning.

So I would advice you to do is to do this small checklist yourself and upon it focus on your weak points/skills :

1.Can you calculate,measure and compare magnification diagram/s [ ]

2.Can you plot graphs and decide what namings would you put on your X and Y- axis [ ] *P.S Independent variables are all usually on the Y-axis REMEMBER

3.Can you prepare tests for different compounds as Starch,Fats,Proteins,etc. and write on them and compare the start and ending colours [ ] * P.S If asked for applying safety rules always remember to put at least 2-3 safety rules(Wear labcoat,Tie hair up..etc)

4.Can you successfully describe a graph of points [ ]

5.Can you draw a histogram if asked [ ] *PS when asked a histogram make sure you have equal spacing between each histogram bar and the other.

6. Can you compare between two organism diagrams to give different/similar features. [ ]

7. Can you draw a SMOOTH/BEST FITTED LINE on a graph. [ ]

8. Can you know how many points you should state for a question (E.g a 5 marks question would need 5 points
to score!) here you it's a trick.lol!

9. NOTHING just read the questions carefully and pay close attention to keywords they can be a key/hint to the answer and stay calm because YOU CAN DO IT!!

Good Luck Beautiful :) xx
Hope it's an A*!!
Thank u so much kiara :) but i dont know wht is a independent and dependent variable :)

Reaction score
An independent Variable is the variable that changes during an experiment.
E.g: When we would want to test the activity of a pack of enzymes depending on temperature we would simply have the activity rate - which is the changing variable(depending on temperature)- Be on the Y-AXIS Because it's the one that CHANGES, depending on the temperature you have.
Hope you've got this x

No problem!

Reaction score
what is
An independent Variable is the variable that changes during an experiment.
E.g: When we would want to test the activity of a pack of enzymes depending on temperature we would simply have the activity rate - which is the changing variable(depending on temperature)- Be on the Y-AXIS Because it's the one that CHANGES, depending on the temperature you have.
Hope you've got this x

No problem!
dependable variable and how to know that wht things should be on x axis and y axis how to know for example ph and time wht be on y axis and on x aixs and how to know which one of them is dependable and independable variable

Reaction score
what is

dependable variable and how to know that wht things should be on x axis and y axis how to know for example ph and time wht be on y axis and on x aixs and how to know which one of them is dependable and independable variable

Actually there's a very great example on what you're asking that I have passed through earlier and I think it might quite much help you . Which is in OCT/NOV 2010 Paper 61 Question one the graph plotting. If you notice it would be the Volume of juices on the Y-axis rather than the Temp./C because as we increase the temperature (WHICH IS THE DEPENDENT VARIABLE THAT DETERMINES THE VOLUME OF JUICES TO BE PRODUCED)
And I had knew that because of the table provided and even if you had no table to be provided you can easily figure this out logically it's like the more you increase temperature the more jucies gets to be produced.
My quite small tip here for you is to understand the question carefully, and upon it decide.

Reaction score
Actually there's a very great example on what you're asking that I have passed through earlier and I think it might quite much help you . Which is in OCT/NOV 2010 Paper 61 Question one the graph plotting. If you notice it would be the Volume of juices on the Y-axis rather than the Temp./C because as we increase the temperature (WHICH IS THE DEPENDENT VARIABLE THAT DETERMINES THE VOLUME OF JUICES TO BE PRODUCED)
And I had knew that because of the table provided and even if you had no table to be provided you can easily figure this out logically it's like the more you increase temperature the more jucies gets to be produced.
My quite small tip here for you is to understand the question carefully, and upon it decide.
thanks tommorow i have paper 6

Reaction score
and yaa one more question what is control experiment

Reaction score
It's okay you may ask as many question as you ought sweetheart, I'm enjoying this .
A control experiment is an experiment that has a Variable(Substance) that isn't found in the other experiments which by then determines the effect of adding or removing this particular substance.
Thus It's called a Control Variable / Experiment , because it controls the result and the effect.

An example on that is the germinating beans experiment where you have seeds of the same kind and species with the same amount of light intensity but then having on the contrary a dish that has a seed that isn't exposed to light in any way thus it would show in this way, the effect of light on it's growth coz IT WON'T GROW unlike the other seeds exposed to light.

Reaction score
[QUOTEdont have yahoo account yamelshazly, post: 914284, member: 135994"]PLEASE contact me on hayam.elshazly @yahoo.com[/QUOTE]
But I dont