• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Further Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
NOT BY ME.
10410582_948115421872377_5860864195729112210_n.jpg

Reaction score
Guys I'm in AS and I currently have Physics, Maths, Chem, Biology (Bio is out of idk interest).
I had 7A*s 2As in O levels and had Add maths too.

I want to know if I take Further maths now, at this point in AS (Dec 2014) will I be able to do it and get a good grade? I dream of getting a scholarship abroad, US InshaAllah. (MIT = Dream). I'll be giving SATs next year too iA.

And if yes let me know the books i need for this.
And one more thing, I will have to do Further Maths almost on my own and appear privately so please let me know if this is a good idea.
Help or guidance in any form will be highly appreciated :)

Reaction score
Guys I'm in AS and I currently have Physics, Maths, Chem, Biology (Bio is out of idk interest).
I had 7A*s 2As in O levels and had Add maths too.

I want to know if I take Further maths now, at this point in AS (Dec 2014) will I be able to do it and get a good grade? I dream of getting a scholarship abroad, US InshaAllah. (MIT = Dream). I'll be giving SATs next year too iA.

And if yes let me know the books i need for this.
And one more thing, I will have to do Further Maths almost on my own and appear privately so please let me know if this is a good idea.
Help or guidance in any form will be highly appreciated :)
I am doing F Math privately as well along with Phy, Chem, Math, Eng.
If you have interest in math then go for it. :)
Its challenging subject, if u love accepting challenges and ace it, then go for it.

For SAT books, look at SAT section on this site. :)
Good luck. :)

Reaction score
I am doing F Math privately as well along with Phy, Chem, Math, Eng.
If you have interest in math then go for it. :)
Its challenging subject, if u love accepting challenges and ace it, then go for it.

For SAT books, look at SAT section on this site. :)
Good luck. :)
No no the books I need for Further Maths?

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Mathematics - Further (9231)/9231_s12_qp_13.pdf
Question 7 I have just started De Moivre's Theorem and all that, but I can't find any of the identities! Anyone want to explain the whole thing step by step? I will be extremely grateful!
Did you get it?

Reaction score
Can someone please how to do the first part of this question? (Proving a = 2...)

Attachments

• IMG_20141222_084807.jpg
    IMG_20141222_084807.jpg
    831.6 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Too slow guys...I found this: http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/view/70508.html
Now can anyone derive a general formula for the sum of roots to the nth power for quartic equations? I'm working through this as we speak but I am not known for quick calculation.