• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Further Math Students… In Here

Reaction score
hey mustafa and who ever else is planning to give F.Maths, let me tell you my story.
i gave F maths this session and did it completely by self study as the teacher at our school was crap and he spent hours try to solve past papers questions during class wasting everyone's time. So obviously i could nt rely on him. And there are not many good FM teachers here in karachi, atleast not that i know of.
I did all my studies from a wide range of resources, from old obselete books to internet notes etc etc.
ur lucky that you have a good teacher and FM is perfectly doable in 3 months, btw 3 months was what i approximately spent on FM. But i would advise you to get a headstart during the vacations by consulting some books to get a good feel of the syllabus and also try to get familiar with the past papers to to know what type of questions turn up from specific topics. I would be happy to recommend you books which could completely cover the syllabus but the list is quite long :D
good luck with FM
sahrhp

Reaction score
yes i was damn that forum was good
were you there too what was ur id there??

Reaction score
yeah i remember u too
there were onli a handfull of us there but we did pose a t##### to @@@ lol XD

Reaction score
My P2 was disappointing. Stats portion went pretty good, but the Mechanics one, which I practiced so much for and really enjoyed doing, went terrible :( The main thing was that it wasn't even that tough.

Reaction score
my both papers went relii good but some concerns in both bcus of lack of time

Reaction score
^Aala dude. You'll be getting an A* for sure then.

For me P1 79-83 and P2 65-75. I am still mad at myself for not doing better even though I could have :p

Reaction score
your marks really good for an easy A grade
i too am mad bcus i did not manage my time well in P2, i could have easily scored the marks i left, at least 8 of them
the concern for me is that no one uptil now have expressed any concern for time in any of the papers. at my centre only i was the one whinnig abt time
what do you think abt it

Reaction score
My experience with F Math regarding time is that it is not much of a problem. You can do the things you know in 2 hours and the rest of the time goes on the thing you're stuck on. It was the SHM question for me this time. No matter what I did, the first two parts couldn't be proved.

For some of the questions, see what I did. In Q2, when taking moments to find P I took the vertical distance between A and the weight, rather than the horizontal one. This gives a wrong value for P and hence a wrong Mu in the next one. In Question 3, it said that the coefficient of Restitution between B and the barrier is 1/2. I took it as 1/2 for both A and B and B and the barrier which resulted in wrong speeds of A and B after their first collision but after that the method is correct. Any idea about how much will this be penalized?

Reaction score
i think you will lose 1 method mark in question 2 and all accuracy marks
in third question you'll lose accuracy marks only
i dont remember the total marks for Q2 but in Q3 if your method is completey correct you might lose 3 or 4 marks at maxx

Reaction score
When you start losing 8-10 marks for these kind of ******* mistakes, especially when you practiced so much (Didn't have Add Math at O, neither Physics at A or O, and neither had I studied M1 before I started the Mechanics of P2 so I really came a long way) it is really enraging.

Reaction score
Hey do you remember the answer to the first question? The one where we had to find the maximum force. Was it 9.6(pi^2)?

Reaction score
I'd say you have indeed come a long way Ahsan, keep up the good work and never give up!

Good luck ;)

Reaction score
Thanks man. I just hope that the story ends with a happy ending i.e an A (or an A* if I'm really lucky :p).