• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Full O-Level GUIDANCE AND HELP!

Reaction score
Can you pls tell how to answer questions in socio?
And what topics are imp for which paper?

There are no important topics. There are 2 questions from every topic in Sociology, and loads of choice.
Prepare the topics you are comfortable with, and skip those you don't like.
But in Paper 2 you have to answer 3 questions out of 8; so that means if you prepare 2 out of 4 topics, that will be enough.

Reaction score
There are no important topics. There are 2 questions from every topic in Sociology, and loads of choice.
Prepare the topics you are comfortable with, and skip those you don't like.
But in Paper 2 you have to answer 3 questions out of 8; so that means if you prepare 2 out of 4 topics, that will be enough.
thanks and btw how to answer a question? :)

Reaction score
thanks and btw how to answer a question? :)

Just write with a pen. o.o
There is no specific pattern.
Whatever is asked, just answer it - mention and explain all the relevant points.

I never practiced any past papers for Sociology, but go through all the marking schemes and see which questions have come so far. The questions mostly repeat.
So practice past papers, and read ALL the marking schemes and you will get an A*.

Reaction score
32 Which row is correct for the reaction of the alkene with steam and a catalyst?

alkene - product

A CH3CH=CH2 - CH3CH(OH)CH3 only

B CH3CH2CH=CH2 - CH3CH2CH2CH2OH only

C CH3CH=CHCH3 - CH3CH(OH)CH2CH3 only

D (CH3)2C=CH2 - (CH3)2CHCH2OH only

answer is C...can you please explain? :)

Reaction score
32 Which row is correct for the reaction of the alkene with steam and a catalyst?

alkene - product

Which paper is this question from?
Is this O-Level Chemistry?

Reaction score
Can you post a screen-shot or a link to the paper along with question number?
ieuZdB7.png

Reaction score

alkene - product

Well, in A, B, D reactions.. the product formed will be different isomers. When the double bond converts into single bond, the OH and H can attach in two different ways. In A, they have shown one way of attaching H and OH. But there will also be another way, if you swap the OH and H. That gives another isomer. So Reaction A will have two products, both isomers of each other.

C is the only reaction that doesn't give isomers, and only gives one product, because the Alkene in C is symmetrical, and no matter to which Carbon you attach the OH, it will be the same thing.

This is a tricky question to understand, and i am sure hardly anyone would have gotten this question correct.

Reaction score
please anyone tell me about important topics from section 3 (pakstudies p1)? any guess ? :( n what about english 1123 .. any guess for directed writing??

thanks

Reaction score
#Magnetin DracoolA
We're all soliders, fighting everyday
to survive in this 'hostile' world!
And now, this solider is ambushed..
Not by guns n canons, but by
mathematics, laws of physics,
essays n letters, highly reactive
elements from the periodic table,
etc etc!

Dude are you giving english in this session as well?o_O because you should learn the spelling soldier :LOL:;)

Reaction score
Would somebody tell me the most important topics in section 3???
What about Zia?Should we give it a Lot of study?

Reaction score
Ofcourse Sec 3 is hell important...
Do study it thoroughly...most probably they gonna give compulsory question from sec 3 :cry:
1988-99 r very imp +zia too
BEST OF LUCK:)

Reaction score
umm. prepare section 3 well.. but part a n b of compulsary question is easy i think as we can do it our self as part a is comprehension question n we have to find answer from the source given n part b is inference,, left is 7 n 10 mark questions.. for which problems after partition are imp. n must see specimen ..
more over ,, ZA bhutto,zia, china,ussr n commonwealth relations, are important as well..
better to attemp other 2 questions from sec 1 n 2... tbh i hate sec.3 :p :)