• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Full O-Level GUIDANCE AND HELP!

Reaction score
Some questions don't even require REASONS.
For example, when you have to compare the three reformers, you just give an intro para, and one para to each three, and then a conclusion - Total 5 paragraphs!

But if you get a question like reasons for mughal decline, write 7 if you can.. But the most important thing is explaining each reason clearly and giving the conclusion in the end. Merely stating the reasons is not enough.

Personally, when i gave the paper, i didn't write more than 5 reasons for any 14 mark question. Still got an A*.

Some teachers say 5 reasons, some say 7. So just go with 7, to be on the safe side.
I know the answers very well....and in some questions I can even write more than 7 reasons...but i can never really finish my paper well on time....any good advice please?

Reaction score
I know the answers very well....and in some questions I can even write more than 7 reasons...but i can never really finish my paper well on time....any good advice please?
I'll recommend you to give more time on 14 mark question ...!

Reaction score
why did the EIC become involved in the indian subcontinent during the seventeenth century ? i freaking hate this question ! a good answer for this please ?
*Because India was Considered a "Golden sparrow".
*To get Raw materials(cotton,spices and silk) for the growing Industries in England.
*the inability of British to establish themselves in east Indies.
*To get a share in the wealth of India.
*the strategic importance of the ports of India.
*To spread their superior religion in all parts of the world.

Hope it helps!

Reaction score
any advice on how long a para should be in a 14 marks question?

14 mark question :

- simple statement ( 2 to 3 lines max )

- 1st reason + explain
-2nd reason + explain
- 3rd reason + explain

- conclusion + justify
2 sheets are enough for 14 mark question ..

Reaction score
14 mark question :

- simple statement ( 2 to 3 lines max )

- 1st reason + explain
-2nd reason + explain
- 3rd reason + explain

- conclusion + justify
2 sheets are enough for 14 mark question ..
Wait....aren't we supposed to write 7 reasons?

Reaction score

Solve all the 4,7,14 mark questions before the paper. Time yourself.
Set a timer, and then try to write 2 pages for the 14 mark question in that given time.
If you know everything you are going to write, and when a question comes before you in the paper and you don't even have to think a minute - you just write like a machine, that's how you will complete the paper on time.

Reaction score
Solve all the 4,7,14 mark questions before the paper. Time yourself.
Set a timer, and then try to write 2 pages for the 14 mark question in that given time.
If you know everything you are going to write, and when a question comes before you in the paper and you don't even have to think a minute - you just write like a machine, that's how you will complete the paper on time.
I always take 3-5 mins more....and that is way too much for each 25 mark question in history

Reaction score
I always take 3-5 mins more....and that is way too much for each 25 mark question in history

Try to write faster then. :p
Handwriting doesn't matter. What matters is the points and reasons you put before them, as long as they are readable.

Reaction score
Actually they also divide 3 main reasons into more paragraphs making it 7 ...
consider the failure of Khilafat movement!
withdrawal of congress
hijrat movement
abolishing of caliphate by Kamal Ataturk
no unity (Mohammad Ali Jinnah did not support)
differing objectives(Hindus and Muslims)
Imprisonment of prominent leaders(Mulana Mohammad Ali-Mulana shaukat Ali)

Which point goes where?

Reaction score
consider the failure of Khilafat movement!
withdrawal of congress
hijrat movement
Imprisonment of prominent leaders(Mulana Mohammad Ali-Mulana shaukat Ali)

Which point goes where?

withdrawal of congress
hijrat movement failure
-explain the above 3 reasons in detail then with last reason write about the remaining reasons ( each in 1 to 2 lines )
Believe me you'll be getting 14/14 in this way plus there's not that much time to explain all 7

Take this eg: why Mughal empire declined ?
There were almost 8-9 reasons as far as I remember but explaining only 3-4 and highlighting rest of em would give full marks ..
It's clearly mentioned in their mark scheme as well .

Last edited:
Reaction score
32 Which row is correct for the reaction of the alkene with steam and a catalyst?

alkene - product

A CH3CH=CH2 - CH3CH(OH)CH3 only

B CH3CH2CH=CH2 - CH3CH2CH2CH2OH only

C CH3CH=CHCH3 - CH3CH(OH)CH2CH3 only

D (CH3)2C=CH2 - (CH3)2CHCH2OH only

answer is C...can you please explain? :)

Reaction score
withdrawal of congress
hijrat movement failure
-explain the above 3 reasons in detail then with last reason write about the remaining reasons ( each in 1 to 2 lines )
Believe me you'll be getting 14/14 in this way plus there's not that much time to explain all 7

Take this eg: why Mughal empire declined ?
There were almost 8-9 reasons as far as I remember but explaining only 3-4 and highlighting rest of em would give full marks ..
It's clearly mentioned in their mark scheme as well .
ohhh...yeah!
Maybe that's the reason why I never am able to complete my paper on time!