• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

FOUNTAIN OR BALL POINT IN O LEVEL EXAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hope to find all my fellas out there in Good health :p

Well i just had this confusion about what type of pens are allowed in the O Level exams...They say it can be black or blue but are both fountain n ball point allowed...Somebody told me Only Ball points are while other said that only Fountain Pens can be used...I'm gonna appear this June for my exams and I've been using ball points from three years so I'm just used to it....please help me with an accurate answer or where can I get this information...also do pray for my exams...I wish all fellas who are gonna appear this June a heartly GudLuck :D

Regards, Evilpro...

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
"You may attempt the paper with blue or black pen/ ball point pen" this is the instruction given on the answer sheet of CIE paper!!
Therefore, use Ball Point pens!

And Best of Luck :)

Reaction score
Well this specific line is written "Write in dark blue or black pen"...It doesn't specifies its Type !! I heard from someone just wanted to confirm, are you sure that is the case ??

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
More than sure! You can use ballpoint pens!

Reaction score
Nibz said:
Thank God I'm saved !!...I've been using ballpoints from ages and I really can't shift back to " THE FOUNTAIN " :p

Thank You V Much :D

Reaction score
Any Sort of Gel pen , fountain Pen , Ball point is Allowed But it Should be black or Blue ! :)

Reaction score
UxaiR said:
Any Sort of Gel pen , fountain Pen , Ball point is Allowed But it Should be black or Blue ! :)

Pretty much, but there is a problem with fountain, if it leaks on your paper while writing " THE LAST WORD OF THE DAY" then you're absolutely TOTALED !!! :p

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Pointers are allowed-- blue/black only.
@Evilpro=> Headings?? :eek: which paper??

Reaction score
Nibz said:
Pointers are allowed-- blue/black only.
@Evilpro=> Headings?? :eek: which paper??

Don't you need them for papers where you have to write a lot of stuff(PKS, ISL) if not for heading but anything else ??...Please correct me if I'm wrong...I don't want myself neither anyone to be doomed on the Day !!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Please AVOID headings, especially in papers like ISLAMIYAT and P.ST!

Reaction score
Nibz said:

Wow! How can u be so sure? Both types of pen are allowed. I have myself used a fountain pen in June 2010 session and one cousin of mine used a ball pen so BOTH are SURELY ALLOWED.

Don't know about pointers/gel pens/other types but those two above are surely allowed. Feel free to use the one that u have been using in your school...

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
^ I was more than sure for the "USE OF BALLPOINT pens"!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
The "Thread Starter" had a confusion whether or not to use a ballpoint pen!
Thanks for your concern though :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Nibz said:
"You may attempt the paper with blue or black pen/ ball point pen" this is the instruction given on the answer sheet of CIE paper!!
Therefore, use only Ball Point pens!

And Best of Luck :)
Assalamoalaikum!!
well i've given the exams and i dont remember this instruction given..i mean specifying the type of pen..it just says Write in dark blue or black pen!!

Anyways any type of pens are allowed..provided they are the colour stated above!!
and moreover..i've read sumwhere ..officially said sumwhere that use of black instead of blue is recommended..although i myself prefer blue..and of course we r allowed to use blue!! i think too much of black makes thing looks messy...and already questions are in black so work looks much better and organized if we use..blue ;)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Math_angel said:
Assalamoalaikum!!
well i've given the exams and i dont remember this instruction given..i mean specifying the type of pen..it just says Write in dark blue or black pen!!
If I say I have that answer sheet in front of me, then? :|

Status
Not open for further replies.