• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Extra subjects

Reaction score
I don't understand why so many people here are arguing about 'easy' or 'difficult' subjects. My advice for all of you is that your focus should not be on getting maximum A grades, but getting maximum out of what you possess, I mean your abilities and your preferred field where you can flourish! Just sit down and think, you ultimately don't have to turn up into a 'Jack of all trades', isn't it? If everybody is giving E.M, doesn't make it imperative for you to give it too.
Take relevant extra subjects related to your preferred field. Be ready to take challenges, little effort has little return. Many students who got 5-6 A*s in the A-levels this time in U.K. got rejected by Cambridge and Oxford, as they couldn't pass their tests, or were dropped after 'satisfactory' interviews. This only happens when you are not totally familiar with what you wanna do. What I think is required is a 'paradigm shift' in the students.
Don't try to become nerds...that's not what high-ranked universities want in you. Become a 'well-rounded' student.
Explore. That's the key. Read more and more stuff which is related to your interests, so you are one step ahead of others in the future!

Reaction score
I don't understand why so many people here are arguing about 'easy' or 'difficult' subjects. My advice for all of you is that your focus should not be on getting maximum A grades, but getting maximum out of what you possess, I mean your abilities and your preferred field where you can flourish! Just sit down and think, you ultimately don't have to turn up into a 'Jack of all trades', isn't it? If everybody is giving E.M, doesn't make it imperative for you to give it too.
Take relevant extra subjects related to your preferred field. Be ready to take challenges, little effort has little return. Many students who got 5-6 A*s in the A-levels this time in U.K. got rejected by Cambridge and Oxford, as they couldn't pass their tests, or were dropped after 'satisfactory' interviews. This only happens when you are not totally familiar with what you wanna do. What I think is required is a 'paradigm shift' in the students.
Don't try to become nerds...that's not what high-ranked universities want in you. Become a 'well-rounded' student.
Explore. That's the key. Read more and more stuff which is related to your interests, so you are one step ahead of others in the future!

agreed

I aint giving any extras.. :p

Reaction score
any suggestions about subjects which i can prepare in 3 months?
m thinking about
Commerce
Urdu B
Environmental Management
10 subjects are more than enough!
and yeah .. no use of giving both Urdu 1st and 2nd ... just give only one ... and you should give Urdu B (2nd language)
it is very easy and all you have to do is a bit practice and learn the mahawarats

for Commerce it can be done in 2 months
I did in 1month 24days including everything from book studying to 3 times revision and 6 years past paper practice ...

and yeah it also depends upon your future line, which in case of yours is Eco & finance ... so Commerce gonna help you

so now you have 9 subjects
don't give stats ... it has been made difficult as the students under-estimated it as v.easy and everyone opted it as "SHUGAL"

well idk about EM ... but I've heard it's an easy subject ...

Reaction score
for economics you can use either 'o level economics by Susan Grants' or 'Economics for o level and igcse by Brian Titely'

Reaction score
So extra Subjects are useless? ._.
Someone who gets 15 A's is no different from the one who get's 9 A's?

Reaction score
So extra Subjects are useless? ._.
Someone who gets 15 A's is no different from the one who get's 9 A's?
Knowing something is better than not knowing. By taking extra subjects you can know things that are not a part from your regular subjects, therefore, its not useless. However, it does affect if you are unable to concentrate on your core subjects by opting for extra ones and you spoil the grade of your core subjects . But if one can manage both together and maintain good grades than its obviously good.Plus, extra subjects also let you take subjects of your interest along with your field subjects so studying extra subjects let you explore behind your traditional subjects.
Someone who gets 15 A's is different from a person getting 9 A's, one who is doing 15 subjects and getting all A's is obviously getting a better result not only in terms of quality but in quantity too.

Reaction score
Apart from all that extra knowledge and exploring your mind and all that, is there any other advantage?
I mean, does it like make a better impression on the University a person applies for?

Knowing something is better than not knowing. By taking extra subjects you can know things that are not a part from your regular subjects, therefore, its not useless. However, it does affect if you are unable to concentrate on your core subjects by opting for extra ones and you spoil the grade of your core subjects . But if one can manage both together and maintain good grades than its obviously good.Plus, extra subjects also let you take subjects of your interest along with your field subjects so studying extra subjects let you explore behind your traditional subjects.
Someone who gets 15 A's is different from a person getting 9 A's, one who is doing 15 subjects and getting all A's is obviously getting a better result not only in terms of quality but in quantity too.

Reaction score
Apart from all that extra knowledge and exploring your mind and all that, is there any other advantage?
I mean, does it like make a better impression on the University a person applies for?
Well, as far as impression is concerned, i think it can create a good impression as universities enroll students on their academics so good results mean alot. But that's just my veiw, getting enrolled in a university depends on other factors too. But yeah, the most important is off-course good result.

Reaction score

It all depends on the university u apply in and giving 15 subjects is over work as in my opinion if a person has 8As and is a team caption and as well as a great at some other things will be preferred over a person who only has 15As and nothing else to show diversity.