• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

extra subjects

Reaction score
dudes i'm going to give my As next years.......at the moment i am studying biology chemistry physics and maths..........i laaaaaavv English so i intend to give the general paper 8004 as well....will i be given credit for appearing in so many subjects.....????.........reply asap

Reaction score
While i m ot stopping u from appearing sarmad wont it be better to wait for ur O'lvl result AND to wait nd see how well u fit in A'lvlz. + I hate the ambigious 15 marks alloted for language in comprehension.

Reaction score
Zohaib Sherazi said:
The equation is simple. Once you've got the 10 major A's in your field related subjects. Then anything beyond that gives you an edge.

Abdullah Bin Khurram of roots gave 23 O levels got 13 A's, 9 B's and 1 U in Bible knowledge. In A level got 2 A's 1 B and is now studying at McGill Canada. A very prestigious institute in its own regard. Its not about how many subjects you give, not about how many A's you have. But the way you get them. Set your aim beyond merely getting into a University. Don't hesitate to do anything you feel is achievable for you. So, if you want to do related subjects as well you can go for them either. But give them in say the November session before your main session i.e June session begins.

I dont know abt this guy but one from here (PATEH ME TALKING ABT HAASSAN JAMAL) had only 8 A nd did Fsc/ Hez studyin @ a much more reputable uni....
Mos of the Pakistanis can get admission to ny uni they want
The two main probs r
We R pakistanis
Lack of funds....For Harvard medical or law one year 300000 $ required!!!! thats abt 2.5 cror yearly !!!!!

Reaction score
Man u shud hav faith. Education may be expensive but its the best investment parents can make. I have seen people goin to unis like princeton and harvard frm my skul... U hav to be extraordinary to do that... Btw zohaib bhai i also knw a person who is stdying in mcgill with only 6 As in olevels... There is no use keeping 23 subs... try getting a speciality... Get perfect in a few subs then keeping more and more... Go for distinctions... Coz thats wat u call extraordinary... Its better to get straight As then keeping more subs and getting Bs and Us..

Reaction score
Hi, Its me Sana....I'm from Lahore....I just visited this page yesterday and I found it really very helpful.. Actually I'm having the same problem as Hafsa... I'm in O2 and I currently have the following subjects:
English
Urdu
Maths
History
Geography
Islamiat
Computers
Business
Accounts
Now what i need help for is that which subjects should i take to gain maximum A's.... Apart from that i wanted to know that is Add maths and easy subject or not...... talking about stats is IT easy and helpful to score an A or A*???? I have a good math....... But wht abt commerce???? and Sociology and yeah Environmental management???? i'm thinking to keep these four subjects as my elective ones... can anyone plz tell me what other subjects can help me in getting good A's.....Please guys i need Your help....I'm in a MESS!!!!!oh yeah one more thing i'm not a scienceeee girl..... plz don't suggest me science subjects!!!!! I need the reply as soon as possible please......

Reaction score
If you are good in maths and can dedicate yourself to Additional Mathematics then you can keep this subject as it'll really help you later on in A'levels but not everyone scores an A* in it. But if you want to keep an easy subject with a very high percentage of getting an A then go for Commerce and EM. You'll just have to study books and notes and do past papers to get an A. Sociology is also an interesting subject. As far as IT is concerned, it is an IGCSE subject. That'll help you develop your practical computer skills. It's the easiest subject out there. My advice go for Commerce and EM. Since, you have computers you shouldn't waste your time on ICT. Sociology won't be a bad option, too. :) Em or sociology will provide diversity to the whole lot of your subjects.

Reaction score
Thank You so much but what do u think about statistics?????.....n yeah what actually is add maths .....as an like if u start it would i be able to do it or not..... sociology......???????didn't get that still confused!!!:)

Reaction score
First of all statistics is only offered in the October/November session, so if you want to you can appear for it along with other extra subjects. Statistics is an easy A if you study it properly. In the last two years, anyone who took it too easy couldn't do well in the end. I appeared in October 2009 paper and it was the toughest of the three exams that I was giving at that time. But you can still score an A if you work for it. Take a tuition and practice past papers, and you'll be good enough.

Reaction score
@salmanpakrocks: It is useful and it is 'not' useful. What I mean by that is keh there is a Statistics paper in A'level maths and most of the topics are the same as statistics in O'levels. So you'll get an advantage over others just like you do after doing Additional Mathematics. But its not like p3 where most of those who didn't do Addmaths get totally drained over maths. And you can do pretty well without studying 'statistics' at O'levels.

Reaction score
That's good. You can easily get an A* if you work hard. Has statistics been introduced in June sessions?