• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Paper 2!!

Reaction score
rafae said:
It was mulled, not milled.
Mulled means like to ponder.
They asked for something that depicted Amir and Hassan were not close to each other anymore. But nevertheless, I may be wrong.
yes u are wrong because it was written "milled"....NOT....."mulled"........ :)

Reaction score
what did u all write for the question about the shameful lie??

n the oxygen seeped out of the room??

Reaction score
Im pretty sure the percentile system will be in play, that paper was way too tough for anyone to get an A otherwise, besides, noone ever gets an A with compo :p

I screwed up and wrote some points with a pencil instead of pen though :'( worried about that

Reaction score
Man, May / June 2010 was so much more easier. It's unfair how we got such a hard comprehension. Bull shit :mad:. Still, I'm hopeful, maybe the percentile dropped and we can get A*s. Apart from my comprehension, my summary and p1 were excellent.

Reaction score
i wrote "his money was stolen" but i think the correct answer was "he lost his money" :(

Reaction score
im pretty sure you had to make up the shameful lie on your own as a continuation of how the story was going so something like 'he probably blamed hassan for missing envelopes of birthday money' were probably right...btw could anyone please confirm if writing with a pencil was right or wrong on summary content points? A final opinion would be very nice guys thank you!

Reaction score
i wrote some of my answers in pencil, but then managed to pen them out within 30 seconds!!! well, it doesnt matter as the papers will be scanned and pencil will be visible if it was dark enough

Reaction score
Jinkglex said:
im pretty sure you had to make up the shameful lie on your own as a continuation of how the story was going so something like 'he probably blamed hassan for missing envelopes of birthday money' were probably right...btw could anyone please confirm if writing with a pencil was right or wrong on summary content points? A final opinion would be very nice guys thank you!
I don't think that writing in pencil would be accepted since they specifically ask you to write in DARK BLUE OR BLACK INK :( Pencil should only be used for graphs and scale drawings.
This is because CIE scans the papers before marking so pencil writing may not be scanned properly.
Hope for the best though!

Reaction score
hey, how many characters were there in the passage?? just hassan, ali and his father. or was there someone else too?? who was the author?

Reaction score
oh well :( i can pray i guess...because i think i did well with those points :( and there were only 3 people unless you count for the people at the party...

Reaction score
Amir was the narrator... Guys I have a question... What if one write the answers outside those lines???? Is that okay???

Reaction score
hawww???? then who was Ali????? hassan betrayed ali or amir??? i have no idea bout Amir being somewhere!! :shock:
im doooomed! :O:

Reaction score
izzahzainab said:
hawww???? then who was Ali????? hassan betrayed ali or amir??? i have no idea bout Amir being somewhere!! :shock:
im doooomed! :O:
It was Amir...ali was no where.... :p