• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Paper 2!!

Reaction score
Haha they took the english paper 2 passage from "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hossani.
They changed it around a bit though.
Man, I did some minor screwups in the paper :(:(, which is why I think I MIGHT have missed an A*. What about you guys?

And did anyone feel passage 2 was incomplete? They didnt explain WHY Amir began to hate Hassan. (This is not a question in the paper, so its not a paper discussion)

Reaction score
Yes, it's an extract from "the Kite Runner". I noticed it immediately after reading the first few lines! :)
Well, lets hope we all get very good grades. I might have made many mistakes and slips... :(

Reaction score
rafae said:
Haha they took the english paper 2 passage from "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hossani.
They changed it around a bit though.
Man, I did some minor screwups in the paper :(:(, which is why I think I MIGHT have missed an A*. What about you guys?

And did anyone feel passage 2 was incomplete? They didnt explain WHY Amir began to hate Hassan. (This is not a question in the paper, so its not a paper discussion)
Yes i feel the same ,indeed it was incomplete

Reaction score
For those who've read the book or seen the movie, it makes sense automatically! :wink:

Reaction score
Yeah lol. But I'm just saying, for those who haven't its a downside on CIE's behalf. Man, May/June 2010 was too bloody easy in almost all subjects. The english paper was like crazy easy...

Reaction score
OMG..!!
I really hate that passage....I pray not but maybe it snatched A*.
yeah it seemed incomplete.... :O: :O:
the questions were a bit difficult.

Reaction score
Ayesha Navaid said:
OMG..!!
They were very much tricky....!!

Reaction score
Yeah man, I'm so pissed right now. M/J and O/N 2010 were too easy compared to this crap :mad:.

Reaction score
English today was a total bummer :(. now all i might be able to get is a lower A grade :'( .
and there were some mistakes n the passage which i would like to share later today.
hint: merciful darkness
plus the how did u guyz do n word meanings? some hardly made any sense to me

Reaction score
Muhammad Talha said:
Ayesha Navaid said:
OMG..!!
They were very much tricky....!!
yeah they were....bad luck :(

Reaction score
I only wrote 16 points (excluding given ones). Ran out of space in boxes. Can I get 15 marks if all my points are correct?

Reaction score
hey everyone...i just crammed many content points in the 'small boxes'.........my writing was small and maybe untidy...will the examiner penalize??

Reaction score
rafae said:
I know man. Im so mad. Let's pray for a low percentile lol.

what is normally the percentile for Eng?
someone told me it is around 75-80%
am i correct?