• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Paper 2!!

Reaction score
there was a question asking the one word that showed amir and hassan avoided each other

can anyone tell me the answer to that

Reaction score
But I didnt find the questions that difficult :S 1 cud have easily found the answers with a little bit of thinking...
Though i did mess up 1 of the word/meaning loll :D which may be correct but em not sure...
Summary was also quite easy i guess...!!

Reaction score
the word was milled......................means broken into small pieces....... :)

Reaction score
It was mulled, not milled.
Mulled means like to ponder.
They asked for something that depicted Amir and Hassan were not close to each other anymore. But nevertheless, I may be wrong.

Reaction score
Kindly avoid paper discussion before 24 hours. It's against the forum rules. Thank you! :)

Reaction score
What was the answer to the last question of passage 1? The true or false one?

Reaction score
i wrote the third one as true. Yeah thats what i wrote and for avoiding question i wrote periphery

Reaction score
I wrote false, false, true. And for avoiding I wrote unwavering. And that 'teemed' one I wrote inundated.

And I am so happy that a guess of mine in meanings turned out to be correct. "Perfunctory" I just read the sentence 2 or 3 times and guessed the meaning to be "quick" and afterwards at home I looked in dictionary and turned out to be correct :D

Reaction score
"tea, despite being used as a stimulant because of its caffeine content, millions of people use it as a form of relaxation"
this was the sentence or maybe smething like that.
so no relaxation coz of caffiene, it's a stimulant

Reaction score
mrrul3z said:
"tea, despite being used as a stimulant because of its caffeine content, millions of people use it as a form of relaxation"
this was the sentence or maybe smething like that.
so no relaxation coz of caffiene, it's a stimulant
yeah u right :Yahoo!:

Reaction score
abc123 said:
i wrote the third one as true. Yeah thats what i wrote and for avoiding question i wrote periphery
yeah u r rite it was periphery :( i wrote uncertainly... btw it was false false false

Reaction score
rafae said:
It was mulled, not milled.
Mulled means like to ponder.
They asked for something that depicted Amir and Hassan were not close to each other anymore. But nevertheless, I may be wrong.

the word was periphery, meaning "outer-boundry". this suggests that they werent close anymore

Reaction score
I wrote the word "uncertainly" and for the teemed one I wrote "mingled".
I dont know what I was thinking when I wrote mingled :oops: but I know people who wrote the word help here. :p
For the personality of the father I wrote that he was confident about what he said and did. Hope its correct!!! :wink:

Reaction score
confident one is correct. but to be honest, this was the trickiest paper of english CIE has ever produced. just look at other past papers they were so damn easy. all the questions in our paper were of "INFERENCE". :(

Reaction score
rehan751 said:
I wrote false, false, true. And for avoiding I wrote unwavering. And that 'teemed' one I wrote inundated.

And I am so happy that a guess of mine in meanings turned out to be correct. "Perfunctory" I just read the sentence 2 or 3 times and guessed the meaning to be "quick" and afterwards at home I looked in dictionary and turned out to be correct :D

unwavering is not possible. it means resolute