• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ENGLISH PAPER 2

Reaction score
(i) If script is entirely verbatim lift give 0 for content.
this is mentioned in marking scheme june 11. what is actually meant by it?
this means if your notes are in totally changed wording you get 0.
Best NOT TO USE YOUR OWN WORDS in notes. Save it for Summary.

Reaction score
this means if your notes are in totally changed wording you get 0.
Best NOT TO USE YOUR OWN WORDS in notes. Save it for Summary.
Verbatim Lift means picking them out as it is, not the other way around! you need to atleast re-phrase the points taken out for notes, rather than copying them word by word to be on the safe side.

Reaction score
What if we write a fake word count. like +5,-5 words, i am sure they wont mind.
no no i recommend u not to do that. cz they will count every word no matter how many papers they have. nd i think giving the wrong word count will make them think that u hv tried to cheat them or somthing :(

Reaction score
no no i recommend u not to do that. cz they will count every word no matter how many papers they have. nd i think giving the wrong word count will make them think that u hv tried to cheat them or somthing :(
Hmmm but they wont know that i wrote the Fake w.c.
No matter, i didnt fake it in my summary. :)

Reaction score
The examiners have assistants who count the words for each and every summary and cross out the extra ones!
Really...... do you belive that :). imo they won't check unless they are suspicious.
and as far as i have heard that 2 examiners(same level) check our papers twice and there are no assistants.

Lets just move on, english is over. why cry now.

Reaction score
Really...... do you belive that :). imo they won't check unless they are suspicious.
and as far as i have heard that 2 examiners(same level) check our papers twice and there are no assistants.
Thats what my teachers have told me. Anyway i'm not worried about it since today's summary was an exact 160 for me. :p

Reaction score
i got 157 n um btw wht were the word meanings?i wrote:(
preoccupied=get busy
summoning=to bring out
vehemence=furiosity
n dont remem the othe words