• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Help!!!!

Reaction score
can any one plz tell wat iz more imp wen doing eng ppr 1 sec 2 i mean wat shd b our priority wen choosing wat type of essay to write..

No one can decide for u what to choose... just practice out your english compositions of all three types and see what suits u the best. for me it is narrative so mostly i choose a narrative topic. in general argumentative topics are the trickiest ones to attempt but for some people they are their strongest writings. you need to decide for urself and then practice out that type... but don't stick to one genre. practice out all three genres time after time bcuz u never know what they might decide to give in the paper.

Reaction score
No one can decide for u what to choose... just practice out your english compositions of all three types and see what suits u the best. for me it is narrative so mostly i choose a narrative topic. in general argumentative topics are the trickiest ones to attempt but for some people they are their strongest writings. you need to decide for urself and then practice out that type... but don't stick to one genre. practice out all three genres time after time bcuz u never know what they might decide to give in the paper.
thankyou!!..:)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
^ There's no Second Language English in O-level.

Reaction score
well, i wouldnt suggest argumentative cuz they are always difficult because if you go way too bias then the examiner will deduct marks...:D

Reaction score
My teacher attended the CIE teacher's meeting held in september. She was told by the CIE that the students in Pakistan should choose Narratives essay as it is easier to handle past tense rather than present or future. Mostly people do not have a good grip on the language but anyone can write a story in past tense without even describing the details around.
So I say Narrative or Argumentative.
thankyou!!..i also think m good at narrative!!..:)

Reaction score
Narrative is way easier then the rest because all u want to do is write a starting paragraph ..
the rest just comes rushing into your mind (regarding the topic).