• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Help!!!!

Reaction score
can any one plz tell wat iz more imp wen doing eng ppr 1 sec 2 i mean wat shd b our priority wen choosing wat type of essay to write..

Reaction score
As far as i get ur question, u should concentrate on the following.:
1. Content..
2. Vocabulary and Grammar.
3. Follow the Rubric(the instructions given)
4. and in case of letters,reports e.t.c follow the formats.

Feel free to ask me anytime if u need further help..

Reaction score
As far as i get ur question, u should concentrate on the following.:
1. Content..
2. Vocabulary and Grammar.
3. Follow the Rubric(the instructions given)
4. and in case of letters,reports e.t.c follow the formats.

Feel free to ask me anytime if u need further help..

no no no my question iz wat shd b my priority lyk shd i prefer doin story writing , argumentative , discursive , personal writing , expositery writing or descriptive writing??

Reaction score
i'll suggest you to do descriptive writing and never go for stories until or unless you are very good at it...argumentative essay should be your last choice while picking up a topic..MY OPINION:D

Reaction score
i'll suggest you to do descriptive writing and never go for stories until or unless you are very good at it...argumentative essay should be your last choice while picking up a topic..MY OPINION:D

my tchr said argumentativ shd b da fst choice..wot do u say?

Reaction score
Yes stories. Wait i m pasting the guidelines given by my teacher. She is the Best English teacher in Karachi or maybe Pakistan.

Reaction score
try doing that which is ur sepeciality, the one u feel at ease doing.....for e.g some people are good in descriptive essays while some are better off wid narratives..... so its up 2 u,u never can say that a certain type is easy and prepare for that certain type only....

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Go for either Argumentative or Narrative (Story) depending on the topic.
Descriptive should be your last choice.

Reaction score
my tchr said argumentativ shd b da fst choice..wot do u say?
Never!! argumentative essays are most difficult type of essays and it requires a lot of general knowledge and your ability to argue effectively. My opinion would be to go for descriptive or expositary topics .Stories or narrative can also be chosen but first u have to learn how to establish character,complex suitable words and hhow to build up an action and suitable ending!!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
You only need general knowledge for that. Other things don't matter much.
But for a great descriptive writing, you need to engage all the senses which, according to me, is quite a difficult task.
If you have knowledge about daily related issues, argumentative writing shouldn't be a problem for you.
As for narration, you need to have a complex plot; care should be taken in choosing characters. Also, your narration shouldn't be monotonous, i.e, short, medium and long, all sentences should be used and in correct manner etc etc.
Only if the topic is not familiar to you should you go for other type of essays, otherwise, go for argumentative.
My opinion.

Reaction score
Narrative writing is by far widely considered the safest option. Each type has its own requirements though and only effective practice will help you nail narratives (or your chosen option).

Reaction score
You only need general knowledge for that. Other things don't matter much.
But for a great descriptive writing, you need to engage all the senses which, according to me, is quite a difficult task.
If you have knowledge about daily related issues, argumentative writing shouldn't be a problem for you.
As for narration, you need to have a complex plot; care should be taken in choosing characters. Also, your narration shouldn't be monotonous, i.e, short, medium and long, all sentences should be used and in correct manner etc etc.
Only if the topic is not familiar to you should you go for other type of essays, otherwise, go for argumentative.
My opinion.
then why it is discouraged by cambridge examiners at this stage?? ::confused::confused:

Reaction score
My teacher attended the CIE teacher's meeting held in september. She was told by the CIE that the students in Pakistan should choose Narratives essay as it is easier to handle past tense rather than present or future. Mostly people do not have a good grip on the language but anyone can write a story in past tense without even describing the details around.
So I say Narrative or Argumentative.

Reaction score
Insha'Allah, I will also add the "Proof reading Checklist" today. This will help u find ur grammer mistakes in ur essays.