• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English as a second language- Writing paper 2

Reaction score
I think you had a different variant. My last question was related to Advertisement. I wouldn't say the exam was easy but I was easy to understand and I felt my writing was really good. I enjoyed the topic for the last essay, the note making part and second text (kite). I just this will get me an A* :)

Reaction score
Th
DonatKap
Title should be catchy and interesting and underlined
The introduction should be general, could be a question or something which indirectly refers to the topic given.

If you have been given with 4 prompts; 2 negative and 2 positive. You must not make use of all but just 2 prompts and you must add your own ideas.
So first you start off with the negative/positive. Develop the point and use rich words.

Eg: The topic is about students attending single sex or co-education schools.

If you are against co-education, you can think of the possible drawback of it. (Write atleast 2 points and develop them)

Next you start a new paragraph (note: always start paragraph leaving some space)
Here you have to write one positive thing about the topic. Do develop it and keep in mind the word limit too.

At last, start a new paragraph by leaving some space and write
"In conclusion, after weighing the pros and cons I believe separate schools are much better than co-education (mixed) schools"

I'm giving you a sample, do make use of it.
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/extended-paper-2-a-star-pdf.41573/
May Allah help you and all of us ace our exams :)

P.s- what's your variant?
This really helped me by the way. especially the file! My ESL teacher is so useless and lazy. We spent 2 years doing nothing and probably half of the time she gave us free periods.

Reaction score
That's some badass ESL teacher o_O
All she does is eat and sleep. She doesn't mark exams (including mocks) over the holidays and makes us mark them. she marks you down as she assumes you wrote more than the word limit. It's so frustrating!
What di yu put for the naaswer how old she was? the one in form filing how odl was teh girl?
She was 17

Reaction score
What I'm afraid about is that the correction of papers depends on the type of examiner correcting it. If the examiner took a shot of beer, then he'll be half-drunk and his corrections will be messed up which can mess up our grades. So pray that we all get decent examiners who correct our papers :3

Reaction score
Guuuyyyssss, I wrote half of my exam in pencil, and I didn't have at all time to finish up my paper. Nonetheless, I'm pretty confident about my answers, but if they don't mark what's written in the paper, I'll pretty much fail. They told me that they will write me a report explaining that, and the invigilator said that not so many marks will get deducted. Has this ever happened with anyone else? Do you guys think that I could at least get a B?

Reaction score
fuz you if you wrote beyond the word limit, they'll read your passage upto 200 words and just strike out the words after the 200th word. That's if the word limit is 200. So if you wrote important points after the 200th word, you'll miss the marks.

Reaction score
Are you guys sure the answer ofr age was 17 ( i wortr 17 ) but my friends are all tellign me 18! Btw if i write mrope than teh word limit will they remove marks or wil lthe yrea andm akr it?

YES. Because they said she was gonna use her 18th birthday gift to finance her travel.

Also If you write more than the limit I heard they cross out every word after the limit. so If your points are after the limit you lose marks.